PDA

View Full Version : What should I wear?

Armybrat
02-10-2024, 11:34 AM
My only granddaughter is finally getting married (at age 31) three weeks from today.
The ceremony will be held at a “wedding ranch” venue in the Texas Hill Country west of Austin.
Rarely have I ever worn fancy duds, but this special occasion calls for some extra bling.
I can’t decide between these for my accessories.
What say y’all?

berettabone
02-10-2024, 11:44 AM
Can't go wrong with any of them. I'd go with #2 stainless. Nice firearm and I just like stainless. It'll get attention..................and a bolo?????

yqtszhj
02-10-2024, 11:45 AM
The first one. Nothing is more fancy than that color case hardening and the barrel length is a winner too.

mr surveyor
02-10-2024, 12:03 PM
a two-gun belt and a shoulder holster

Bawanna
02-10-2024, 12:10 PM
I'm weird, I'd go with # 3. Can't see the gun much in a holster but you know it's there and the grips are fantastic. You got a holster? That's near as important as the gun in my book. I have one but I'm sure it wouldn't be near big enough. Got it back when I was lean and mean, now I'm just mean. I have a holster that laces onto a belt, if you had a nice carved belt it would work. We need to dress ya proper. I wore my Uberti Cattleman birdshead to a friends daughters wedding. Also had my coach gun. Made a large impression on the groom which lives to this day. Bride was friend of my daughter and I wanted her for myself but that's another story. She was nice to talk to and pretty too.

dao
02-10-2024, 12:21 PM
I'd wear the stainless also. Especially if you're gonna dress up in fancy white duds!

02-10-2024, 01:33 PM
Go with #2

Bawanna
02-10-2024, 02:11 PM
Well if your gonna wear fancy white duds I'd agree with dao and 187911. Somehow I can't picture you or any man in Texas wearing fancy white duds.
But hey it's your song, sing it.

King Rat
02-10-2024, 03:45 PM
Dang, you will look Great in your new Outfit.

https://i.imgur.com/TIwJ60p.jpg

dao
02-10-2024, 04:13 PM
^^^ :D no no no no no

White suit. Lose the fringe, lose the gloves, tone down the hat.

kenemoore
02-11-2024, 08:27 AM
I too, vote for the stainless model, clean. But.. like the Colonel mentioned you have to have a BBQ holster rig to match.

rx7sig
02-13-2024, 09:07 PM
My only granddaughter is finally getting married (at age 31) three weeks from today. ... I can’t decide between these for my accessories.
What say y’all?

None of these, I think. I'd recommend something small and inconspicuous and carried concealed, so as to not distract from the bride and groom and their special ceremony. A DLC K9 (or MK9) worn beneath a linen or summer weight wool blazer or sport coat or suit coat, depending on how formal things will be. (FWIW, this time of year in central TX, you'll be able to keep your blazer on, very probably.)

rx7sig

Bawanna
02-13-2024, 10:18 PM
Well much as I love a good BBQ sunday go to meeting type gun, rx7 has a viable point there. It's the brides big day. I best check with the Kardashians and see what they think on the matter.
Course if there are a bunch of fellas gonna wear BBQ rigs then all bets are off and maybe the Groom will be wearing one too. Dang it my head hurts pondering this whole dilemma.

Barth
02-14-2024, 06:06 AM
I'd have to go with door number four -
https://i.imgur.com/MhWlONz.jpg

dao
02-14-2024, 08:03 AM
Did you have that Valor refinished Barth? Looks great!