PDA

View Full Version : P45 Extended magazine issue

Indigo
09-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Like a lot of people here I've sent back my pair of p45's and they've been perfect since but one of the issues was the extended 7-round magazines purchased separately from kahr would release spontaneously after firing a couple of rounds. Four extended mags all did same thing so they were all traded back in for flawless 6 round mags. Has anyone experienced this same issue with that particular magazine? If concealment is not an issue like a long day at the range the extra round would be nice but it defeated the purpose when my 7 round mag would fall to the floor. Anybody else witness this? Thanks in advance to any advice.

Indigo
10-01-2010, 07:57 PM
To clarify I was essentially asking if anyone knew of an existing problem with how the seven round 45 magazines were manufactured vs the 6 round ones, and if so is there an easy fix for that as I would love to have some that are reliable, all 4 of mine dislodged after 2 or 3 rounds at the range. Thanks.

wyntrout
10-01-2010, 08:13 PM
You could take the follower, spring, and base parts out of a magazine, lock the slide back, or remove it and use a light to observe the magazine catch as you insert the empty magazine tube. See if maybe the catch doesn't engage the slot in the tube well enough. Also, without a magazine just work the magazine release button and watch the magazine catch to see if it's working properly.
I've never had a problem with retention of 5, 6, or different 7-round magazines in my PM45. I have 7-rounders with and without the extended grip... no problems.
Wynn

Indigo
10-02-2010, 06:44 AM
Thank you for the advice. I find guns and cars are a lot alike. I can hit the target between the eyes or drive really really fast but I can't figure out how either of them actually work. Thanks again.