PDA

View Full Version : Some Good Deals

BirdsThaWord
04-25-2024, 01:26 PM
Figures! I get this in the mail right after putting that Para on layaway...

Bawanna
04-25-2024, 01:45 PM
The Para beats all those hands down. You'll be ok. Do like I do. Just lay down on the kitchen floor in a fatal position, thumb in mouth and put a little bit for a couple hours. You'll be a new man.

BirdsThaWord
04-25-2024, 02:12 PM
Lol! Thanks man. I’m gonna go do that now. :(

jeepster09
04-25-2024, 03:08 PM
I just have quit looking at gun ads.....way to many good deals lately! This is brand new and not used.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/14896025/minneapolis-minnesota-handguns-for-sale--fn-fnx45

BirdsThaWord
04-25-2024, 03:46 PM
I just have quit looking at gun ads.....way to many good deals lately! This is brand new and not used.

https://www.armslist.com/posts/14896025/minneapolis-minnesota-handguns-for-sale--fn-fnx45

Man, I think that's sage advice! I'm going to be in trouble with the wife soon if I keep it up. Wow! The capacity on that FN is unreal!

BirdsThaWord
04-25-2024, 03:50 PM
And Colonel, thanks for your vote of confidence on the Para!

dao
04-25-2024, 03:58 PM
I had an FNX45. It is a BIG gun. And I don't mean the caliber. Like the P227 Nitron I had I let it go.

Armybrat
04-25-2024, 05:13 PM
The Para beats all those hands down. You'll be ok. Do like I do. Just lay down on the kitchen floor in a fatal position, thumb in mouth and put a little bit for a couple hours. You'll be a new man.

If I were in a fatal position on the floor, it would mean the warranty on my pacemaker had run out. 😬

jeepster09
04-25-2024, 05:23 PM
I love my P227s....I won't part with.

Bawanna
04-25-2024, 06:36 PM
One on the left doesn't have a SIG pin in the middle?

dao
04-25-2024, 10:01 PM
Those are one piece E2 grips Colonel. They slip on and snap into place.

Bawanna
04-25-2024, 10:11 PM
Be a little trickier but I bet I could still get a pin in them. Course they look just fine without too.

yqtszhj
04-26-2024, 06:25 AM
I had an FNX45. It is a BIG gun. And I don't mean the caliber. Like the P227 Nitron I had I let it go.

Same here. That FNX45 is a whopper. Traded mine for something else, I think to some CZ in the end. Never missed it, but it does hold a lot of bullets.

BirdsThaWord
04-26-2024, 07:28 AM
If I were in a fatal position on the floor, it would mean the warranty on my pacemaker had run out. 
Let’s go ahead and extend that warranty then! Don’t want to hear of any such a thing happening!

Jeep: Nice 227’s you got there! Those SAS models sure are “melted”

dao
04-26-2024, 07:49 AM
Be a little trickier but I bet I could still get a pin in them. Course they look just fine without too.

Actually they're very thin plastic Colonel. I won't say you can't but it would be difficult, especially if you wanted them to be flush.

jeepster09
04-26-2024, 07:54 AM
A pin would not work in those; they have to be twisted/flexed in order to install. The nice thing about them, is that they are the smallest grips made.

jeepster09
04-26-2024, 08:25 AM
Now these are my favorite 227 grips....

dao
04-26-2024, 08:50 AM
Gotta love G10. What is the emblem jeep?

wyntrout
04-26-2024, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I wanted to say that he meant fetal, not fatal position! ;)

There's a gun show tomorrow and I go to pick up my Laz-E-Boy swivel recliner... similar to Wifey's, but she has a glider and that didn't support my back.

I gave the gun show a thought, but I have more ammo than I'll ever shoot, and I don't shoot the guns I have. COVID really put a crimp in my habits and hobbies. Now I'm too busy with my generator, vans, and the house. At least we got the central A/C fixed yesterday... new variable air handler. I can take the window units out after they dry out a bit and put them away for the next emergency!

Hurricane season is on the way and I haven't shot anything in a WHILE! Just can't get motivated enough the gather the stuff up and go. I guess I feel guilt with all of the open projects... too many are OURS, not just mine. I have so many things to do and can't prioritize, so just do the usual... bounce from one thing to another and spend too much time on the "social media".

I still have the PA-15 and the KetTec 2000 that I haven't taken to the range. I don't even want to fool with the KelTec. I'll probably sell that if I ever get back to a gun show as a vendor. I want to get rid of my .22LR stuff because I'll never shoot those tiny bullets again. I don't live in the country and it's no fun at the range when I could be shooting something that bucks in my hands and makes decent sized holes.

Years ago I lusted after one of those FN-45's, but they were $1,200 or more. They did hold a lot of bullets, though. They do look huge, too, not for CC, especially in shorts! My long-ago-sold S&W .45's were very heavy, but all steel. I did have the Para P-12(?) with 12+1 and it was heavy. I had to wear a belt around my drawstring deck shorts when I walked the dog back then at night... the only time I ever carried that... pretty heavy, too. I fell in love with the polymer pistols after getting into the Kahrs. The P40 and P9 replaced my K9, which got sold, too.

I miss having a 1911 because the single action, but lower capacity, was easy to shoot and very accurate. I still manage to spray around the bullseye with the Kahr's and only carry the P380 because it's smaller and lighter, and I can carry it at home or when out... the most concealable, because I always carry.

BirdsThaWord
04-26-2024, 10:17 AM
wyntrout: Lol! You got us on the word thing!
Sounds like you’ve been super busy, getting stuff done though. I know what you mean. I have multiple that need firing for a 1st time, as well as some that I did some fixing on, to see if they run. Yeah, the Covid bs sure changed a lot. I wish those in charge could pay the price for what they’ve done, but that’s a whole different conversation. I want me one of those keltec 2000’s. Either the 9mm one that takes Glock 19 mags, or the one that takes Glock 17 mags. I’ve seen them at some alluring prices, but has always been when I just bought something, or just plain broke. Anyways, good luck on your projects, hope you get to the range and send me an email once the 22’s and the keltec has shipped my way! Oh, don’t be such a stranger around here!

BirdsThaWord
04-26-2024, 10:19 AM
He aint tellin, but I think it’s Nighthawk :cool: I love those grips and think they make it look like a Legion.

wyntrout
04-26-2024, 10:30 AM
I'll be 78 in June and I know I'll never go hunting or do varmint shooting, so I need to divest myself of a lot of unused guns and other stuff.
I just put out a bunch of money on driveway repair and expansion for the new van to park. I just put out almost $5K for a new inverter generator, and just paid $4,200 for a new A/C air handler yesterday! The money from our savings is dwindling and being diverted to other things instead of house renovation... too much of my stuff in the way for floor replacement and kitchen reno. We'll have to rent a pod for temporary storage for that... and have a garage sale to get rid of a lot of stuff... and maybe one of those big haul-away-your-junk dumpsters for stuff I don't "need" to save anymore. ;)
A LOT of money will go towards getting the new van for travel and I just listed my old van for sale on AutoTrader and got a nibble. So much to do... and my memory isn't getting better, but I'm still agile and mobile... for now!

BirdsThaWord
04-26-2024, 10:42 AM
I’m sure it is hard to let go of so much of the old, and to move towards so much of the new, but from an outside perspective you seem to be doing what is best for your soul. I applaud that! I hope you can recoup those funds in the sell offs, get in that van and have the best times of your life with your soul mate by your side. You got a semi stranger over here rootin for ya!

Maybe a small advice… before the expense and labor of the haul off. My buddy had a similar situation. After 4 yard sales, he still had a ton of left overs. He advertised a “sold as a lot” on Craigslist, Offer Up and Facebook Marketplace, trying to attract resellers. After “by appointment only” showing it to 4 or 5 people, someone offered him $5k for everything, with the understanding that they had to come scoop it all up, load it all up and take it all away. He saved his back, got some dough and simplified things real good if you ask me.

wyntrout
04-26-2024, 10:56 AM
I just can't throw everything away. I save bits of plastic and metal and all screws, nuts, bolts, and other hardware for reuse. I have a lot of obsolete computer stuff and some that never was opened... and a bunch of DVR's... DVD and VHS recorders and over-the-air TV recorders, etc., and they all take up space... plus bins of garage sale stuff and gun show vendor stuff. Most stuff is obsolete and not getting better, but could peddle some on a stereo chat room, if I weren't so lazy! Ebay, too.

BirdsThaWord
04-26-2024, 11:04 AM
Maybe one of those intervention’s is needed? Lol! Sounds like marketed at the right place, you’d have a nice little fortune. But, I know what you mean. Even at my young age, sometimes I’ll forego a buck in favor of relaxation. Sometimes penny wise and pound foolish, other times not so much. I know we all have our own value systems, but I’m like you. I’d rather relax sometimes than work on a thing that might save me or make me a little more dough.

berettabone
04-26-2024, 01:02 PM
I'll be 78 in June and I know I'll never go hunting or do varmint shooting, so I need to divest myself of a lot of unused guns and other stuff.
I just put out a bunch of money on driveway repair and expansion for the new van to park. I just put out almost $5K for a new inverter generator, and just paid $4,200 for a new A/C air handler yesterday! The money from our savings is dwindling and being diverted to other things instead of house renovation... too much of my stuff in the way for floor replacement and kitchen reno. We'll have to rent a pod for temporary storage for that... and have a garage sale to get rid of a lot of stuff... and maybe one of those big haul-away-your-junk dumpsters for stuff I don't "need" to save anymore. ;)
A LOT of money will go towards getting the new van for travel and I just listed my old van for sale on AutoTrader and got a nibble. So much to do... and my memory isn't getting better, but I'm still agile and mobile... for now! We had a rummage sale last year. Not as large as yours would/could be but we needed garage room. Took a couple of days to get organized. I don't really like having strangers coming to the house but so far, no stalkers that I know of. Had a steady stream of people for the weekend. Got rid of sets of patio furniture, some small table stuff, nick knacks, snowblower. and made $1500 in the process. Now we have a major portion of the garage back. We were tired but it was worth doing while we still could. This year on june 28-29 is the city/town wide rummage. That's when we had the sale last year. More traffic. As always, I still can't believe what some people will want/buy.

jeepster09
04-26-2024, 03:16 PM

It is a Hawk.

https://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?5082-Come-Into-Bawanna-s-Famous-Grip-Emporium/page166

NeilWise
05-03-2024, 09:17 AM

Lol, the best advice ever.
Personally, I don't remember a day in the last 2 years that I haven't thought about buying a new weapon. I just started going to shooting ranges often 2 years ago, and almost every time I try a new gun. Of course, mostly I experiment with shooting accuracy, but when I like a gun - I want to buy it to my small collection, but my wife doesn't approve of that....

BirdsThaWord
05-03-2024, 05:13 PM
Another good deal for my brothers… if you are into .40 S&W. I have 3 G17’s that I purchased this way (LE trade in’s). Mine are all gen 4’s as I appreciate the finger grooved grip modules. The wifey does too. Her fave 9mm ever. All 3 came in being in great shape, working well for the bit that I’ve shot each, before adding compensator’s. But anyway, here you go:
https://www.guns.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/glock-g22-gen-4-(le-trade-in)-40-s-w-striker-15-rounds-4-5-barrel-used?p=929320

jeepster09
05-03-2024, 06:55 PM
Well if you want a .40 here is another good deal from a local shop here in Minnesota:
Someone buy it so I don't have to!

https://southwest-arms.com/usedfirearms/

BirdsThaWord
05-04-2024, 05:18 AM
Well if you want a .40 here is another good deal from a local shop here in Minnesota:
Someone buy it so I don't have to!

https://southwest-arms.com/usedfirearms/
Man, that is a good deal!

kenemoore
05-04-2024, 08:20 AM
Another good deal for my brothers… if you are into .40 S&W. I have 3 G17’s that I purchased this way (LE trade in’s). Mine are all gen 4’s as I appreciate the finger grooved grip modules. The wifey does too. Her fave 9mm ever. All 3 came in being in great shape, working well for the bit that I’ve shot each, before adding compensator’s. But anyway, here you go:
https://www.guns.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/glock-g22-gen-4-(le-trade-in)-40-s-w-striker-15-rounds-4-5-barrel-used?p=929320

The glock finger grooves never fit my hand, I own two gen3's, always wanted a gen2, because of the finger grooves. Then...a local gun shop started doing stippling. Had them remove the finger grips on my gen3 G19, and stipple it. Cheaper than a new Gen5, with no grooves. Still have a G26, gen 3 with the grooves. Bought it for airplane travel, but got a good deal on a used PM9, and it became my airplane gun.

BirdsThaWord
05-04-2024, 08:51 AM
The glock finger grooves never fit my hand, I own two gen3's, always wanted a gen2, because of the finger grooves. Then...a local gun shop started doing stippling. Had them remove the finger grips on my gen3 G19, and stipple it. Cheaper than a new Gen5, with no grooves. Still have a G26, gen 3 with the grooves. Bought it for airplane travel, but got a good deal on a used PM9, and it became my airplane gun.
I know that quite a few folks feel the same as you about those finger grooves. I was expecting the same, but am glad that they meld well for me.

Barth
05-04-2024, 09:42 AM
I thought about the big FN 45.
But went with a FS HK USP Tactical for my high capacity 45 ACP. It's a big gun too. But I love it just the same. Did carry it for some time. But I'm afraid it printed badly though LOL My carry guns seem to continue to shrink in size. These days it's either my VP9SK Holosun or Sig P365 with Wilson Combat grip module.

BirdsThaWord
05-04-2024, 10:04 AM
I thought about the big FN 45.
But went with a FS HK USP Tactical for my high capacity 45 ACP. It's a big gun too. But I love it just the same. Did carry it for some time. But I'm afraid it printed badly though LOL My carry guns seem to continue to shrink in size. These days it's either my VP9SK Holosun or Sig P365 with Wilson Combat grip module.
Yeah, that’s a big one too. I wish I could carry the comped G17, but like those, just too big.

Bawanna
05-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Before the last transition about the time of my retirement (thank god) we sent all our Glock 21's to Robar. Now sadly gone. (6 at a time as we had spares). They removed the finger grooves, did the cut on the trigger guard for a higher hold and coated them with can't remember what it's called but it's like truck bed liner. It worked really well. I did my own using truck bed liner. It was rubberier and grippy than the Robars. Many liked mine better.
I thought about doing my PM45 but opted to just stipple the grip which worked out real well and didn't add any girth to the grip.