PDA

View Full Version : CT380...Do I *need* one??

ceNex
08-11-2024, 06:33 PM
Already have a CW380 in addition the P9, CM9, and TP9-2...

Do I really need a CT380?

Anyway, they are on sale online for less than 200 bucks. 185 bucks to be precise. That is before shipping and FFL fees. Do what you will with that information.

So...........

Should I but a CT380 or spend my $ on something else...

Bawanna
08-11-2024, 06:50 PM
I think the general consensus would be, only you can decide on this one.
I personally would put the money towards ammo or better yet a 45. Diversify a bit if you will.
Course on the other hand, my theory is you can never have too many, so being the price is right, might get it, then get the ammo and the 45....

Hope this helps.

Armybrat
08-11-2024, 08:38 PM
I paid $270 plus tt&ffl for mine about 10 years ago, and thought that was a good deal then.

wyntrout
08-13-2024, 10:36 AM
Dang! I switched to just the P380 (2010 version) for main EDC because the P40 was a bit much after my pants and shorts shrunk!

I held a CT380 when they first came out and loved it! I think about getting one every once in a while.

I wish there were a P380 with those dimensions. Kahr should have started the .380 with the "PM" designation as that size is more in line with the "PM" versions of other calibers. The "CT" size should be the "P" version. It is a much better fit and holds one more round. I have the P9, P40, and the P45, which are great sizes and fit my hand perfectly.

I really want a "CT380", but I already have too many guns and need to get rid of at least my Ruger .22's... pistol and rifle. I'm getting too old and don't think I'll ever use those again. I certainly won't be bugging out and needing quieter guns at age 78, and I would rather shoot something more powerful at the ranges... especially as rarely as I go since COVID!

I just cleaned my P380 last week and was appalled at the rust around the magazine release and other areas! I had bought new recoil springs, the SS guide rod because of repeated rust developing near the back of the rod and spreading around.
I cleaned everything and the mag release wasn't getting as clean as I wanted, so I looked in my spare parts and found the "old" mag release that looked like new, so I lubed and cleaned it up and used it. I also had to remove the mag release spring and clean the rust from that area, but the spring looked okay, so I reassembled the pistol and function checked that everything worked... plastic shot rod out of the barrel fine. So good to go, but now thinking of a CT size replacement, but just thinking for now... so many other things going on... the BIG van "conversion" and all... just so much to do!

ceNex
08-13-2024, 06:05 PM
Welp, I did it. YOLO!

Was 2 bills after shipping to my FFL, who charges 20 shekels for a transfer. I am trying to keep calibers consistent - only have 9, 380 and .38 special. And of course a .22 :)

Look for pics and report after I receive.

DavidR
08-14-2024, 02:55 AM
Congratulations!

ceNex
09-23-2024, 01:26 PM

Have not made it to the range yet. Plan to in a few days.

Feels good in the hand and is easy to conceal.

Need JHP recommendation and of course holster recommendations.

Whiskeyhorse
09-24-2024, 10:44 PM

Have not made it to the range yet. Plan to in a few days.

Feels good in the hand and is easy to conceal.

Need JHP recommendation and of course holster recommendations.

Bravo! And Congrats! And a great deal on a great gun.

Bawanna
09-25-2024, 11:15 AM
Quite a nice family photo.

Armybrat
09-27-2024, 05:25 PM
Great deal!
Grand theft semiauto. :D

ceNex
09-29-2024, 11:34 AM
After two good purchases from Kahr (P9 and the TP9-2) the CT380 did not go well.

Fired 60 rounds (50 FMJ and 10 JHP) at the range this last week.

On the 3rd magazine, the front sight flew right off. Completely broken. Multiple jams FTEs mostly and a few FTFs. I get it there is a break-in period, so not too worried... Pistol is on its way back to Kahr. Should be back with night sights installed.

Since I was at the range, I decided to try my hand at "point shooting". Guess I did not do too bad.