PDA

View Full Version : grip plug

Pender1
10-01-2010, 03:36 PM
So has anyone found anywhere that makes or is planning on making a grip plug for the Kahrs like they do for the glocks? Or if nothing else is anyone here willing to make and sell them, I know I'd buy one.

OldLincoln
10-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Uh... what's a grip plug?

Bawanna
10-01-2010, 04:01 PM
It fills the hollow void behind the magazine in the grip area. I've thought about that but the area is so small on Kahrs I doubt if a plug would work. Perhpaps on the larger Kahrs the gap is bigger.
I used Acra Glas from Brownells and mixed it up and filled the void in my Glock. This allows you to reshape the grip if you desire. Would be a simple matter to do the same to a Kahr to just fill the hole. It is permanent however.

Pender1
10-01-2010, 04:35 PM
I'd rather not fill it because of the weight addition. I know it really doesn't affect the gun to have it open, it just bugs me to have it open

Pender1
10-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Uh... what's a grip plug?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=7603/Product/GRIP_PLUG_for_GLOCK_reg_

here's the one for a glock

Bawanna
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
If I just wanted to plug the hole I probably wouldn't fill the void completely either. Just enough to plug the hole. Even that would no doubt add weight.
For what it's worth I like the Scherer slug plug over the one you linked to. We tried several different ones on the dept 21's and the Scherer was most well liked.