PDA

View Full Version : Now I’ve done it. 🙁

guido4198
08-24-2024, 06:18 AM
I took my CM9 apart for cleaning. Simple field strip. After removing the barrel& recoil springs I had the barrel swabbed with solvent and decided it was a good time to try another CC holster for fit. I slipped the slide back on the frame and now cannot get it back off.
It was a dumb move… anyone able to suggest the steps required from here..??
Thank you.

dao
08-24-2024, 08:15 AM
Tried turning it upside down to slide it apart?

Also, you might try working the trigger while you attempt to move the slide forward.

guido4198
08-24-2024, 08:31 AM
Tried turning it upside down to slide it apart?

Also, you might try working the trigger while you attempt to move the slide forward.
Thanks for your response. I’ve tried holding it upside down, with and without moving the trigger.
Also tried several carefully applied trigger positions right side up.
No joy yet..🙁

Bawanna
08-24-2024, 09:13 AM
So to get the cob webs out of my small brain.....you put the slide back on the frame without the barrel? So no slide lock pin installed? Did it go beyond the rear of the frame as if your chambering a round?

I've dealt with a couple where the slide lock pin was installed but missed the barrel link. Had to remove the rear cover of the slide and reach in with a paper clip or something small and I'm no remembering exactly what I had to push up. It took awhile. I seem to recall that it might be possible to do it from the mag well but I nowhere near certain on that.

Be patient, we'll figure it out. Show me on the side pondering.

Hopefully GB will be about and might have a good solution.

guido4198
08-24-2024, 02:35 PM
Yup, Bawanna… that’s exactly what I have.
Something in there needs to be accessed and pushed up or down… I don’t know.
I removed the side plate but can’t see what needs to be done.

Bawanna
08-24-2024, 02:54 PM
Pretty sure you have to remove the back plate off the slide. I don't think you can access enought under the rear of the slide without taking off the back plate. Then something real small and kind of lift things up. Hit the right thing and it'll pop right off.
I know the last one I did for a guy at the dept was real frustrating. I wish I could remember where I was lifting.
What part of the world you live in?

guido4198
08-24-2024, 04:25 PM
Thanks, that’s helpful. I’m in Florida 😁.
I’ve done detailed strips of this gun in the past but it’s been quite a few years since I had it that far apart.

topgun1953
08-24-2024, 06:23 PM
Look at post #29 from good ol Jocko. I'm old too, and like Bawanna, I had a vague memory of a similar situation and I think this is it.

https://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?2687-P380-Jammed-stuck-slide-help-solve-my-screwup/page3

dao
08-24-2024, 08:21 PM
The Colonel jogged my memory. I cannot for the life of me remember where I got this, and while I usually include the author's name in my notes so that I don't have to remember, when I saved this I neglected to do so. But, I hope it helps anyway

edit: I tried to attach a pdf file that has text and pictures of the issue. Even though the steps to do so were successful, I don't see an attachment to this post. :(

Bawanna
08-24-2024, 08:25 PM
I think Jocko's post was an example of when one get the slide stop in the wrong position. I disagree (hope he doesn't kill me) on his method to fix it. The same approach we're talking about here is what is needed to fix that also.
The last time I dealt with something similar the barrel was in and the slide stop got in in front of the barrel link.
We got some people in Florida, I'm as far away as I can get without getting wet in Washington. Was hoping to hook up with somebody that maybe had dealt with this.
Be patient, keep tinkering. Keep us in the loop. Last case scenario, you can always send it to Kahr.

Wlfman13
08-24-2024, 09:03 PM
Do NOT do what Jocko recommended in post #29.

For this particular problem, do what MattRoach said to do in post #28, and what I confirmed in post #30. A thin paper clip, bent at a 90 degree angle 1/4” from the end, is your friend. Slid it in there, grab the cocking lug, and pull backward. You will feel a click, then “joy”. Maybe manipulate the trigger while you are pulling back on the paper clip. I can’t remember. But, it’ll work. When you “fix” it, if you are like me, you will immediately want to replicate the problem again just to test the fix. There’s no need. I did it. It works. Don’t add any more anxiety to your life.

-Wlf

guido4198
08-25-2024, 06:44 AM
Done and done..!
I made the paper clip field expedient tool, went in under the slide without removing the rear slide plate.
Repeated efforts to engage the cam and get it out of its blocking position were ultimately successful and the slide came off. My thanks to all for the suggestions and support.
That said, and with the greatest respect… there’s no way on God’s earth that I’m going to intentionally replicate the same problem..🤪.
The fact is, my success was the result of ( essentially) random fiddling around in the critical area and not well directed, simple to duplicate procedure. I suppose random fiddling inside with no visual access is how things get done and I’m grateful for the comments and encouragement but i ain’t doing it again, just because.
Y’all have a great Sunday. I’m going shooting’.

Bawanna
08-25-2024, 10:53 AM
Precisely what I told the last guy who's Kahr I managed to unlock. Do it again and I would introduce him to major pain. I did feel a great sense of accomplishment but at the same time as you mentioned it was just blind hog luck.
It's good to note that one doesn't have to remove the back plate. That was most difficult in the process, I'll try to file that in my ever decreasing memory department.
Glad you got it sorted out.