PDA

View Full Version : PM9 likes a little hotter ammo

Bigcube
10-11-2009, 06:19 PM
I have mostly ran Winchester white box FMJ 115 grain through it. I went to the range today with 50 Remington FMJ 115 grain target ammo and also ran 50 Fiocchi 124 grain JHP through it. The JHP's definitely had a little more kick. :D On the last round of the Remington I had a FTE. No problems with the 124 gr. JHP. The gun has about 300 rounds though it and I put a new guide rod in to make sure the problem with the slide hanging on the end cap was fixed. I think it's good to go. I'm taking a class on Fri. and with range training on sat to upgrade my permit. I need all the practice I can get :p

Cappy
10-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Bigcube, keep us posted how the range training goes!!

Norfdet
10-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I shoot the Speer Gold Dot 124gr +p's through mine because it's an issued round. Mine eats them fine and while the kick is noticeable much more so over the 115gr target ammo we qualify with, its not unmanageable. I'm not sure even if the Speer wasn't issued that I would carry anything else in it, I am not a big fan of the heavier rounds in 9mm.

jocko
10-18-2009, 05:56 AM
kahr tests their guns with 124 grain ammo. Just not sure there is any better round out there than the 124. So many good companies make great 124 grain rounds. I like Gold dots but also I do like the corbon dpx, any round will go bang in my PM9, it has never been ammo sensitive to any grain weight either.

recoil is a variable that everyone feels differently. I think my ported pM9 shoots like a 22..