PDA

View Full Version : PM9 - Crossbreed Micro-clip or mini-tuck? (update: neither)

wagon
10-12-2009, 07:18 PM
(update: Today, the dice is rolled - a Mitch Rosen Clipper is on it's way. :D)

Anyone has a micro-clip? It seems to be small but I'm uncertain of the off-set of the clip .. I'd think that the whoel thing would be prone to move up/down?

The mini-tuck still looks big in the pix, I prefer smaller footprint (hence the micro-clip), but is it REALLY comfortable as so many has reported? Still comfy if it is hot and I'm sweaty? Just the idea of the whole patch of leather stick to my skin made me worried ..... is my concern unwarranted?

Pls shed some light, am looking for somthing tuckable and comfy and won't cost me an arm and a leg. And I think I may just ended up with a Highnoon... or give up on tuchkable and go with Mitch Clipper or another Alessi (Talon Plus) ??

(Kydex is out, I cannot imagine I would put a piece of plastic rubbing against my skin ... sorry,.. me "old school" .. LOL)

Dietrich
10-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Wagon,all I can tell you is what I`ve been able to glean from my own experience.I have a minituck for my PM9 and I am very happy with it. I got it in horsehide because of two reasons. One,I tend to sweat a good bit in summer and two,because it`s very hot and humid in North Carolina. That little holster has lived up to,and exceeded,all expectations that I had for it.
I own two of the supertuck models for a Glock and a S&W and even though they are larger,they are still comfortable when it`s hot and there`s nothing between the holster and skin. Hope this gives you some insight that helps.

wagon
10-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the input Dietrich, I just can't imagin to use Kydex on my pretty PM9 :biggrin1: But must admit that favorable comments are EVERYWHERE on the web reagrding CB products.

I have an "under rated" Bersa currently pairs up with a lo-cost UncleMike #1 (what a pair :D), and I have been wanting to find it a tuckable. I may try a CB on the Bersa...

Between mini-tuck and micro-clip, I like the latter coz it seems to be smaller overall. Unfortunately there aren;t much feedback on this design yet...

ltxi
10-14-2009, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=wagon;2678](update: Today, the dice is rolled - a Mitch Rosen Clipper is on it's way. :D)

Well....re my post on your other thread, guess you're ahead of me. I was working "bottom up" on new posts. Wrt your feelings about Kydex, my Glocks have lived well in BladeTech holsters, including IWB, since BladeTech was new/cutting edge and I've always been very happy with that. But I still prefer quality leather for most of my handguns. Other than the tuckable issue, I think you will be very pleased with the Clipper.

wagon
10-14-2009, 07:55 PM
Thanks to you, "bad influence"! :D

Well....re my post on your other thread, guess you're ahead of me. I was working "bottom up" on new posts. Wrt your feelings about Kydex, my Glocks have lived well in BladeTech holsters, including IWB, since BladeTech was new/cutting edge and I've always been very happy with that. But I still prefer quality leather for most of my handguns. Other than the tuckable issue, I think you will be very pleased with the Clipper.

ltxi
10-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks to you, "bad influence"! :D

Ok...I think I'm going to be hiding out in my basement now until I know you're happy....:ohmy: