PDA

View Full Version : Cw45

P45Steve
09-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Does anyone own a CW45 and how do you like it?

500KV
09-03-2009, 03:39 PM
I love my CW45.
Had a few bumps at first but after ~350 rounds and some help from Kahr techs. all is finally well.
I'd highly recommend it.

flistell
09-03-2009, 05:16 PM
98/100 rounds down range--2 jammed to the point that I had to insert dowling rod down barrel, put pressure on the cartridge in able to rack the slide open. No FTF/stovepipe--both fed 95% but couldn't advance nor retract the slide. PM9 at about 400 rounds with a few stovepipes in first 20 due my limp wristing.

steves1017
09-03-2009, 05:21 PM
I owned a CW45, loved it, wanted to keep it....unfortunately it kept dropping mags on recoil. I sent it back to the factory 3 times, but it still never fired without the mags dropping down. Several times the mag would go bouncing across the floor.

I checked whether or not I was inadvertantly hitting the mag releash when it fired....and even fired it one-handed to assure that it wasn't me.

A great gun, but not consistent with the polymer frame.

Steve

mrjordan2u
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I got my girlfriend a CW45.
She loves it, I love it!
I have my 44 Mag as my primary handgun, but Im thinking about getting myself a CW45. This gun is GREAT! Easy maintenance, Accurate, Easy to Handle, Good Lookin.

My only issue is not even my own, When the O.L. shoots it, she grips it too hard and pushes the Clip Eject while firing.
This drops her magazine in the dirt, and the shell casing doesn't fully eject from the previous shot.

Other than that, Its amazing.

Mike Lane
09-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Does anyone own a CW45 and how do you like it?

Yeah I have had my CW45 for about 6 months, had a few stove pipes and on occasion the mag would drop on recoil but tech support was great. They sent me a new mag catch and all is well. Carry it everyday and love it.

greenjeans
09-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Bought mine used with unknown round count and it has been flawless. Was extremely dirty when purchased but cleaned up well. Great pistol. Also have a CW9. Had three fail to fire in the first 100 rounds, all from the same box. Flawless since then.

S&W460
09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I had this problem with the extended magazine I purchased from Kahr. My buddies and I finally found the problem. The recoil vibration in the gun caused the magazine to release. It never happened on the regular mag. They should have put a spacer on it, and there would not have been a problem. I sent it back to Kahr, explained the R & D we did for them and asked them to replace it. They sent me the standard mag after months of waiting and follow-up e-mails. Then, they came out with an extended mag with a spacer. Wonder how they came up with that idea???

Kahr54
09-09-2009, 06:13 PM
My CW45 needed the 200 round break in to resolve a couple fail to feed rounds. After that, I have put about 600 rounds through this baby and had only one other ftf and that was during a session with my daughter who limp wristed during the first 6 shots she ever fired with the pistol.

I have noticed with the slide forward it takes a bit of effort to insert a full magazine- I pop it in with an extra smack of my hand. If I smack a magazine into the pistol when the slide is locked back, the slide will jump forward and close by itself. However, I don't consider that a drawback. To prevent that from happening ( like at the range with another shooter using the pistol ) it takes zero effort to insert the magazine and have it click into place and have the slide stay open.

I thought my CW45 was inaccurate at first, but I have had quite a few good shooters use my gun and they have had very good groups with it. They are very impressed with the accuracy and a couple guys are able to hit decent groups at point of aim at 25 and 50 yards. I guess I need to hone my shootin' skills a little more.

gunmut
11-22-2009, 06:24 PM
My first CW45 was a used one I bought due to a great price; liked it so much I went on the hunt for a new one and came home with two new ones....so now I have three!

lefty
11-23-2009, 05:56 PM
My CW 45 is well past the break in and the more I shoot it the smoother it gets1 Love it! My primary carry, easy to conceal.

Jim K
12-01-2009, 12:28 PM
My CW45 needed the 200 round break in to resolve a couple fail to feed rounds. After that, I have put about 600 rounds through this baby and had only one other ftf and that was during a session with my daughter who limp wristed during the first 6 shots she ever fired with the pistol.

I have noticed with the slide forward it takes a bit of effort to insert a full magazine- I pop it in with an extra smack of my hand. If I smack a magazine into the pistol when the slide is locked back, the slide will jump forward and close by itself. However, I don't consider that a drawback. To prevent that from happening ( like at the range with another shooter using the pistol ) it takes zero effort to insert the magazine and have it click into place and have the slide stay open.

I thought my CW45 was inaccurate at first, but I have had quite a few good shooters use my gun and they have had very good groups with it. They are very impressed with the accuracy and a couple guys are able to hit decent groups at point of aim at 25 and 50 yards. I guess I need to hone my shootin' skills a little more.
The little plastic pistols are hard to shoot at 1st because the trigger pull to pistol weight ratio is kinda high. You will get used to it soon and your groups will improve immensely.

Good Luck, Jim K