PDA

View Full Version : school me on ankle holsters

Pender1
10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Thinking about a ankle holster for my Kahr p380. Never used one and i don't really know how the feel, any advice/recommendations?

Bawanna
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
I wear a Galco ankle glove? everyday. Its has a real leather holster attached to neoprene (skin diver suit material) that stretches and velcros shut. It is gun specific with a thumb break. They make a model similar that is just a generic opening that fits several different guns. It is less money. The down fall to me is reholstering is a two handed operation. Not a big deal with an ankle rig but I like a thumb break on ankle rigs. Not on anything else.
Uncle Mikes and several others make much less expensive rigs and I used one for my PM45 until about a week ago when I got my Galco to fit it also.
The Galcos also have sheepskin on the inside to help the comfort leve some too. I can say from past experience that a ankle holster works way more better in a wheelchair than it does walking or running. That movement kind of jostles things around but a 380 size gun should carry just fine all day long with the right setup.

Captain_Cupcake
10-08-2010, 01:04 PM
Galco rigs are super nice. I believe Kahr even sells them on their website as well. I was looking into getting one for my PM9