PDA

View Full Version : PM9 magazines not dropping free

erikmcm
10-19-2009, 10:39 AM
So how many folks are also having issues with the magazines not dropping free on your PM9 and what have you done to correct it??? Any Info would be helpfull..

PM9 Convert
10-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I am not overly concerned with the magazine drop free issue.

With the clip fully loaded, the extra weight will cause it to "drop free".

With it empty, it will not drop free from the gun. It happens with my 7 rounder also.

My glock pistol magazines when empty won't drop free either really.

I think on the PM9 the magazine well in the handle and the magazines are mated pretty tightly, at least on my gun, but I have not broken mine in yet, so maybe after that, I will see a difference.

Has anyone talked to Kahr tech support about this?

Dietrich
10-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Two of my magazines do drop out and two don`t. To me,it`s not a big problem. If I`m in a self defense situation and run out of ammo,I`ll just flash a picture of my ex wife`s mother at `em. That would be more devastating than a gunshot wound.

border bandit32
10-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Two of my magazines do drop out and two don`t. To me,it`s not a big problem. If I`m in a self defense situation and run out of ammo,I`ll just flash a picture of my ex wife`s mother at `em. That would be more devastating than a gunshot wound.

:40:

Good one!

jocko
10-19-2009, 03:43 PM
None of mine drop free, but I also don't mind that either. I dont carry a spare magazine for defense purposes, so that type of reloading I will leave to the match shooters. Actualy I haveno quarrels with it dropping aobut a half inch and that is all. If I bump the magazine release accidently. I don't have to worry about the magazine flying all over hell.
I really think some make more to do out of magazine not dropping than it is worht IMO.

jocko
10-19-2009, 03:45 PM
I am not overly concerned with the magazine drop free issue.

With the clip fully loaded, the extra weight will cause it to "drop free".

With it empty, it will not drop free from the gun. It happens with my 7 rounder also.

My glock pistol magazines when empty won't drop free either really.

I think on the PM9 the magazine well in the handle and the magazines are mated pretty tightly, at least on my gun, but I have not broken mine in yet, so maybe after that, I will see a difference.

Has anyone talked to Kahr tech support about this?

G19, one magazine drops free,the other doesn't. No bother to me either way.

500KV
10-19-2009, 03:54 PM
None of mine drop free, but I also don't mind that either. I dont carry a spare magazine for defense purposes, so that type of reloading I will leave to the match shooters. Actualy I haveno quarrels with it dropping aobut a half inch and that is all. If I bump the magazine release accidently. I don't have to worry about the magazine flying all over hell.
I really think some make more to do out of magazine not dropping than it is worht IMO.

These are my thoughts as well.
I figure if I can't get it done with 7 or 8 rounds then I'm doing something wrong.

erikmcm
10-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Appreciate the feedback guy's....only reason Im concerned is because dont know how strict the rangemaster will be when I have to qualify with it, as my back up/and off duty weapon....

Bigcube
10-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I have 5 magazines and only one of them will drop free. The rest of them only pop out about 1/2".

jocko
10-20-2009, 10:41 AM
These are my thoughts as well.
I figure if I can't get it done with 7 or 8 rounds then I'm doing something wrong.

than likely after 7 rounds, your dead:4:

Kahrdog
10-20-2009, 07:39 PM
With the PM9 the 6round mag only drops 1/2" and the 7 round mag drops free. It takes a nano-second to strip it out in an emergency situation. Personally I'd rather they don't fall and get bent or stepped on. IMHO.

Kahrdog

bladerunner747
10-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Just got my PM9.
My 6 rounder would drop free but my 2 magazines 7 rounders would not. I just used some very fine steel wool and gently went all over the outside of the magazines, then I coated the mags with a thin coat of CLP, I wiped them down dry with a paper towel. They all drop free now.

Parasite
10-27-2009, 08:46 PM
My solution to this issue was to modify my grip frame. After testing the weapon with six different magazines of different capacities, I found that none would drop free while empty. I reasoned that it would be easier to modify the grip frame, then to try to shave down a half dozen mags.

With some filing, care, and a lot of patience, I got what I was after: drop free mags every time. I doubt i took off more than .5mm per side, but it did the trick.

To those wary of such permanent modifications, I found that a quick flick of the wrist (counter-clockwise for right handers, and vice versa for lefties), would often produce enough inertia to 'throw' the magazines out of the weapon. (this was obviously discovered BEFORE my modifications)

jocko
10-28-2009, 06:13 AM
With the PM9 the 6round mag only drops 1/2" and the 7 round mag drops free. It takes a nano-second to strip it out in an emergency situation. Personally I'd rather they don't fall and get bent or stepped on. IMHO.

Kahrdog

with you on that. I even put mag well cut outs in my PM9. My magazines don't drop free and I personally don't care. One thing for suremy magazines are clean and not cracked. I domn't carry a spare magazine when I carry anyhow so it is to me a mute point...

NavJAG06
10-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I thought I had a problem with my new PM9 but noted that when I used my shooting hand thumb to try to release the magazine my hand on the right side of the grip was pressing againse the other side of the mag release button and preventing the magazine from falling. I now use my weak hand to press the mag release button on the left side of the grip.