PDA

View Full Version : Midway USA Range Bag Sale

mikearc
10-12-2010, 09:15 AM
These two bags are on sale till 10/31/10. They seem to be highly rated on another forum I often visit. Due to the sale price, I decided to order the full sized one.

MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag on sale: $39.99
MidwayUSA Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=939259680)

MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag on sale: $29.99
MidwayUSA Compact Competition Range Bag - MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=939167522)

wyntrout
10-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I just got a notice, too. The full-sized Maglula magazine loader is on sale for $24.99... my LGS has them for $42.99... retail+:

Maglula UpLULA Universal Pistol Magazine Loader Polymer Black - MidwayUSA (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=952670&eblastid=1011201021&custnum=102922184&utm_source=maglulaloader_img&utm_medium=promotype1011201021)

Everyone should have at least ONE of these. I bought two when i got mine and I'm still looking for the "Baby" one ON SALE. I filed down the "beak" a bit on one so it will clear the .380 magazines enough... just a tad and not the full length.

Wynn:D

Ol'coot
10-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I have the smaller of the two range bags, it is still a big bag, I have been happy with it, no problems at all.

jlottmc
10-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Wynn what are you going to do when that magazine loader breaks? I mean to become dependent on a piece of gear just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Bawanna
10-12-2010, 11:01 AM
I have the compact version as well. It's still a good size bag with plenty of room. The quality is great. The zippers work well. I like the way the top comes unzipped so its more open to get stuff in and out.
Can't beat the price. Probably should order another one.

wyntrout
10-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Wynn what are you going to do when that magazine loader breaks? I mean to become dependent on a piece of gear just doesn't sound like a good idea.

Uh...what?? I bought two and they are for home or range use. I don't have any high capacity magazines... double stacks, etc. Some of those suckers could use a hydraulic press to insert bullets to full capacity. A guy borrowed my Maglula at the range and was trying to load one of his... good grief! It was a struggle with the Maglula! I don't know how he could get it full by hand/thumb alone!

Besides, that's an Israeli product and they like their stuff sturdy... combat essential.

At the range I can quickly reload my magazines without bleeding thumbs/fingers. :eek: I'm not a fan of pain <like some people :D> and try to avoid any I can.

My PM45 recoil spring assembly/guide rod just came in by mail. Now I can take the gun apart and clean it. :)

Wynn:D

jfrey
10-12-2010, 05:54 PM
I've had one of the Midway bags for several years and it held up well. Last year, for some unexplainable reason, our house cat used it for his catbox and ruined it. I never got the smell out of it. Long story short, I ordered another one and I think it is better than the original one. The material is a little rougher than the smooth texture of the first one. I think the new one is only slightly smaller, but not much. It still holds all the stuff I want to carry and I need a mule when I really load it up. For the price you can't beat it. I got an email recently that there had been some problems with the carry straps supplied with the newer bags. Midway replaced the strap at no charge. What more could you ask for???

Bawanna
10-12-2010, 05:58 PM
I had a cat do that one time also, worse than a darn skunk for trying to get that stink out. Never did happen, ended up tossing it. I don't miss that cat none at all. That's really cool that they would replace a shoulder strap. I just started using my shoulder strap last trip. Set the bag in my lap and put the strap around my neck. I can leave the mule at home.
I usually have to make 2 trips if my boys dont go along which is rare. They like to go. The range guys are good. Keep an eye on my stuff while I make the second trip or sometimes even help.
It's good.