PDA

View Full Version : Proud new papi.

jim
10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
Proud new owner of Browning hi power. what ammo do yall recommend .

SureShot
10-19-2010, 09:16 AM
That’s your call, but your gun will like one brand of ammo better then another. So breaking in the gun, buy several different brands and see which one shoots better in your gun. Some guns like the cheap stuff and some like the hi dollar stuff. If you are going to use it for self-defense make sure you find a quality jacked hollow point that is 110% reliable in the gun. Get some training, and practice, practice, practice. That’s a nice gun you got there, take it to the range and enjoy it. Stay safe, have fun and have a blessed day.
Paul
Proud NRA, TSRA and GRRN member

Bawanna
10-19-2010, 09:21 AM
First I think some nice pictures to share would be in order. You just gotta love a High Power.
Is it shiney and new or vintage or what.
I just got one thats a little over 40, just reaching puberty I'd say. It's accurate but I'm sorting out some feeding issues.
Pondering a no bite hammer or a beavertail but nothing urgent. I just love holding it.

jim
10-19-2010, 09:52 PM
thanks for the info. I'm going to have do some work on it. Not sure of how old it is I would half to say 1970s. Always wanted one. Pictures will come soon.

O'Dell
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
thanks for the info. I'm going to have do some work on it. Not sure of how old it is I would half to say 1970s. Always wanted one. Pictures will come soon.

Nice gun. The first pistol I ever bought was a HP in 1966. I carried it the whole time I was in the Navy, but it's been packed away for over 25 years, and I even forget I still have it. I bought a new one back in the mid eighties. I seldom shot it, and since my son liked it so much, I gave it to him for his birthday this year.

Bawanna
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Nice gun. The first pistol I ever bought was a HP in 1966. I carried it the whole time I was in the Navy, but it's been packed away for over 25 years, and I even forget I still have it. I bought a new one back in the mid eighties. I seldom shot it, and since my son liked it so much, I gave it to him for his birthday this year.

I'm available for adoption on very short notice. I'll even call ya Daddy.

O'Dell
10-19-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm available for adoption on very short notice. I'll even call ya Daddy.

But you've already got one!

Bawanna
10-19-2010, 11:12 PM
But you've already got one!

Well perhaps I'm greedy? Or maybe a gun slut. Or maybe I'm just quite fond of you and need a father figure on account of my daddy already crossed the river.
Let me think, O'Dell, do I recall a Colt Commander! I got one of those. I guess I'm just fond of ya.

jocko
10-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Bawanna: from what I know, you are a gun slut!!! e proud of that to..

jlottmc
10-20-2010, 08:08 AM
I'm a proud gun slut. But I too am up for adoption. Then again, I can't seem to get my old man to cross the river either. I draw the line at a bullet, until he becomes a threat. But that's another story.

Bawanna
10-20-2010, 09:21 AM
No matter the circumstances and even if you don't get along, take care of daddy, you only get one dude. There are some that are unworthy of this but you still only get one.

jlottmc
10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Remind me and I'll pm you about this one. Let's say I was better off on my own.

O'Dell
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Well perhaps I'm greedy? Or maybe a gun slut. Or maybe I'm just quite fond of you and need a father figure on account of my daddy already crossed the river.
Let me think, O'Dell, do I recall a Colt Commander! I got one of those. I guess I'm just fond of ya.

Well, I'll make a list current for today. 45's : SIG P220 and 1911 C3, H&K USP compact, M&P compact, XD compact, Kahr PM45, 24/7 compact, Ruger KP345. All are black with SS slide except the M&P which is all balck.

9mm : C9 car gun and carbine. Will probably have a PM9 within a week or so.

Let me know which ones you want.

Bawanna
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Well, I'll make a list current for today. 45's : SIG P220 and 1911 C3, H&K USP compact, M&P compact, XD compact, Kahr PM45, 24/7 compact, Ruger KP345. All are black with SS slide except the M&P which is all balck.

9mm : C9 car gun and carbine. Will probably have a PM9 within a week or so.

Let me know which ones you want.

Now I feel all cheap and sleazy calling ya daddy just so I can be in line for your guns. I'm semi ashamed of myself. Would it be too greedy if I asked for all of em.
Don't we need to do adoption papers or something.
Thanks dad.

MikeyKahr
10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
No matter the circumstances and even if you don't get along, take care of daddy, you only get one dude. There are some that are unworthy of this but you still only get one.

Some don't even get one dude for various reasons, B. And like J said, might be for the best (sadly). On a brighter note, I got dibs on the M&P if ever - nice home, baby brother (PM9) won't get jealous, we would treat her nice.:cheer2:

Bawanna
10-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm starting to feel like one of the Waltons here. Good night Jim Bob, good night MikeyKahr, anyone check and see if grandpa is still breathing. Mary Ellen, get away from daddy's side by side, he promised that to John Boy.

O'Dell
10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm starting to feel like one of the Waltons here. Good night Jim Bob, good night MikeyKahr, anyone check and see if grandpa is still breathing. Mary Ellen, get away from daddy's side by side, he promised that to John Boy.

I think I would be a bit embarrassed if I knew the name of the characters on "The Waltons".

BTW, I took the new P220 to the range today for the first time. I was somewhat worried because I read on a thread on the SIG forum that P220 didn't like Remington ammo. Nearly all my 45 HP is Remington, and the stolen P220 never had a problem, but I had to find out. 150 rounds of WM Federal ball and 75 rounds of Golden Sabers later all is good - not one problem. Now if I can get use to that DAK trigger - it took 100 rounds before I started getting decent groups. I may send it to SIG and get a DA/SA trigger installed, because that's what I'm use to.

Bawanna
10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Wow, I played with one at a gun show that had the DAK trigger and I really liked it. Very similar to the Para LDA's. Many don't care for those either but I like em alot.
Course I never shot it so maybe its not as good shooting it. I was never fond of the lousey first shot trigger pull, then good trigger shots after that and then having to remember to decock. All in what one is used to I guess.

jocko
10-20-2010, 03:25 PM
I had a Para carry 9 bawanna with the LDA trigger and to me it was the finest double action trigger I have ever shot. Unbelievable...

Bawanna
10-20-2010, 03:30 PM
I like em alot, I have 3 LDA's. Only downfall is the reset and I don't get to worked up about that. Like a revolver you just gotta let it go all the way and start over. Sure a sweet consistant and to me safe trigger. Like a 1911 with a tiny bit more safety margin for error and if you neglect to thumb the safety up it's not nearly so critical.

jim
10-20-2010, 07:49 PM
I don't like the LDA's I do however like the Sigs,Kahrs,Rugers,Taures's Savage & the new one to collection Browning Hi Power.

Bawanna
10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm anxious to see pictures of that Browning.

jim
10-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing pictures of yours. I think the 32 savage is a really cool looking gun.

jlottmc
10-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Wow and here I never thought I'd see the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" game here.

Bawanna
10-21-2010, 09:50 AM
I'll try to remember to take some pics tonight, thought I already did but apparently not. Mine is a 1961? It was issued to the Buenas Aires Special Police in 1961 or 62. There were alot of them that were imported back here. I found it on gunbroker with 8 Browning extra mags. I was a bit dissapointed cause it looked pretty good with only a few minor pits and the seller said it hadn't been refinished. It's obviously been refinished, it looks like they used Krylon. It looks good and it's in good shape but I see a refinish in it's future someday. Had it to the range once and it's accurate but has some feed issues to work out also.

jim
10-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Bawanna what do you know about the Savage pocket pistol.

jim
10-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I haven't picked up the Hi Power yet. All pick it up this amend. Then I can post pictures.

Bawanna
10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Bawanna what do you know about the Savage pocket pistol.

I dont know anything about the Savage. I looked it up after you mentioned it to see what they look like. Are you talking about the 1907 or the P7? newer version. It's a neat looking gun. I never played with one. Guess I better add one to the list.
Ahh, now I see pocket pistol, that sounds more like the newer one. I'll have to go back and look some more.

Bawanna
10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
That Savage 1907 probably would make a Zoot Shooter gun too.

Bawanna
10-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Well I barely remembered but heres some pictures of my Hi Power. Proof positive that wasting good money on an expensive camera that could have bought ammo, guns and leather does not make you a photographer.
I was too lazy to take all the garbage off the top of the display case so I tried to take pics thru the glass.
I just made the base its setting on last weekend, guy gave me a couple full rounds of quilted maple a few months back and it was finally dry enough to try and do something. Took forever to cut off a hunk, chainsaw wouldn't start and sawzall blades weren't long enough, the ole hand saw got the job done, I'll be able to feel my arm again in a few weeks no worries.
It has a shield inlayed on top of the slide but I'll have to try something different to get a good pic of that.
I got 8 factory mags with it so he didn't rob me too bad for 450 bucks.