PDA

View Full Version : Lubrication question

WMD
10-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Thanks JohnH for posting the lube chart. I had not seen that before and was able to learn something.

As an aside, what type of lubricant are you folks using on your polymer kahrs? I have a P380 and am intereted in knowing what is best for my gun.

Appreciate all comments!

border bandit32
10-22-2009, 01:04 PM
I use Breakfree CLP on all my semi-autos and bolt rifles

500KV
10-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I use Breakfree CLP on all my semi-autos and bold rifles

+1 on the CLP.
I've used it for years. Had a big spray can for a long time and bought a new can yesterday at W/W.

wagon
10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
In my case, I use CLP to clean, RemOil to lub. May not be the best "formula" but it is just how I take care of my handgun, rifle and shotgun.

jocko
10-22-2009, 02:59 PM
TW25 I find stays where u put it and doesn't run all over hell either. If the military uses it, I feel safe in using it..

Mil-comm.com look at their line, not much out there any better IMO and I love their syringe type applicator. I can lay a small line of grease right downt he middle of my kahr and glocks slide rails and never miss a beat..

Cornhusker
10-22-2009, 03:43 PM
+1. TW-25B. That's what I've been using for lube on my pistols. CLP to clean.

Raoul
10-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Militec-1 (http://www.militec-1.com/) I used to use Remoil, but I've had better luck with the Militec.

ripley16
10-23-2009, 06:06 AM
I give my guns a Militec 1 conditioning, but I also use wet lube in the form of TW25b, Zero Friction in a needle oiler and Militec lube. I use Eezox on the exterior metal parts for rust prevention. Eezox is an excellent cleaner too.

My theory is; no one production does it all best, so I use multiple products to get the best features from each one.

Militec 1 is an excellent dry lube. Works well and makes clean-up much easier.

TW25b is a light grease that stays put and has great longevity. A little goes a long way. Many gun makers use it on new guns.

Zero Friction is a light synthetic that comes in a convenient needle oiler for when a tiny drop will do.

Militec lube is as good as any and seems to work well. I could substitute most any gun oil though.

Eezox is another dry lube, but I use it as a cleaner/rust preventative.

steve666
10-23-2009, 07:41 AM
To lube the action I use Nanolube. I used to use Gunslick graphite grease, but it's hard to find anymore. I like to give them a wipe with Cleanzoil and run a patch down the barrel when I'm storing them.

jocko
10-23-2009, 08:03 AM
I give my guns a Militec 1 conditioning, but I also use wet lube in the form of TW25b, Zero Friction in a needle oiler and Militec lube. I use Eezox on the exterior metal parts for rust prevention. Eezox is an excellent cleaner too.

My theory is; no one production does it all best, so I use multiple products to get the best features from each one.

Militec 1 is an excellent dry lube. Works well and makes clean-up much easier.

TW25b is a light grease that stays put and has great longevity. A little goes a long way. Many gun makers use it on new guns.

Zero Friction is a light synthetic that comes in a convenient needle oiler for when a tiny drop will do.

Militec lube is as good as any and seems to work well. I could substitute most any gun oil though.

Eezox is another dry lube, but I use it as a cleaner/rust preventative.

are all good:86:

WMD
10-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Great responses. Sounds like there are lots of good stuff to use. I have been using remoil but will definitely consider going to something like militec.

Here is another question..... I was told that brake free is not good to put inside the bore because it leaves a coating of teflon. Are some of you using break free inside the bore?

border bandit32
10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
I will run a very lightly oiled patch with CLP thru the barrel as my last step on my carry guns. Haven't had a problem yet;)

wagon
10-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I believe it is RemOil which contains teflon, not CLP.

Here is another question..... I was told that brake free is not good to put inside the bore because it leaves a coating of teflon. Are some of you using break free inside the bore?

jocko
10-23-2009, 01:43 PM
I believe it is RemOil which contains teflon, not CLP.

my two cents worth but I serioulsly doubt if Remoil or CLP with any teflon in the misture, which I am also sure if miniscule at best but a selling poing\t no less, would harm or cause anything inside the barrel to make u not want to use it.

I feel secure in knowing that these two companies surely know to tghat one will run a patch of their stuff down the barrel, so again my two cents, keep doing what ur doing and just shoot the damn gun like you stole it.

mr.72
11-11-2009, 07:12 AM
I use Hoppes #9 and sometimes CLP for cleaning, CLP to wipe on the stainless parts for rust prevention (not really that big of a deal on a Kahr... but absolutely necessary on my Ruger LCP), and Mobil1 0W20 in an eyedrops bottle for lube. Same routine for my other poly/SS pistol.

I tend to use a lot more CLP on the Ruger especially since the barrel has a tendency to rust very quickly and CLP holds that at bay really well. I use CLP as lube and cleaner on my .22LR semi-auto rifle. I like the CLP and think it probably is adequate for lube but in the case of my pistols I tend to trust a dedicated lubricant such as the Mobil1 a whole lot more.

alnitak
11-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Check out this link:

CastPics Home (http://www.castpics.net/)

Click on the Lube reference>Gun Oil Test link on the left-hand column. Some interesting data (and not much difference between the oils).

dirksterg30
11-28-2009, 03:08 PM
For my Kel-Tec P3AT and Kahr MK9, I use Eezox dry lube. For my other guns, I use Breakfree CLP, with Hoppes 9 for the dirty areas (barrel and breechface area.)

cmichael
01-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Mobil1 0W20 :D

medezyner
01-07-2010, 06:06 AM
Mobil1 0W20 :D

ditto on the Mobil 1 synth
I got my hands on a long nose squeeze bottle with cap and it puts a few dots of oil right where you need it. Cant remember where I got it but I found some online: Dispensing Bottle, Alcohol & Solvent Pumps, Squeeze & Spout Bottles, Flux Dispensers, ESD (http://www.zeph.com/dispensing-bottles-squeeze-flux-dispenser.htm)

Arizona T
01-07-2010, 10:20 AM
CLP & M-Pro 7

Chow!!

hollander
01-07-2010, 06:13 PM
+3 on the Mobil One. Use Hoppes #9 for cleaning and also some CLP. Mobil One on the rails and a little Rem Oil for the little spots. Even the finicky guns like Mobil One - a lifetime supply in one bottle.

Vinikahr
01-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Anyone had or has any experience with
Gun Juice (http://www.microlon.com/gun_metal_treatment.php)?

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Anyone had or has any experience with
Gun Juice (http://www.microlon.com/gun_metal_treatment.php)?

No takers?

How about Gunzilla?:86:

mx5fan
01-19-2010, 11:32 AM
No takers?

How about Gunzilla?:86:

I use Gunzilla for general cleaning, it does a nice job, doesn't stink and is not harmful to your pistols finish.

Vinikahr
01-19-2010, 12:11 PM
I use Gunzilla for general cleaning, it does a nice job, doesn't stink and is not harmful to your pistols finish.

Thanks for the feedback. :86:

neuro242
01-30-2010, 07:44 PM
how is clp breakfree on poly? pm9 gets a good bit of powder on it and wondering if clp is ok for that also, or something else. been using it for years on other guns but not sure about the poly frame.

500KV
01-31-2010, 07:18 AM
how is clp breakfree on poly? pm9 gets a good bit of powder on it and wondering if clp is ok for that also, or something else. been using it for years on other guns but not sure about the poly frame.
Won't harm them at all.
I've been using CLP on Glocks for years and recently on my Kahrs.
Good stuff.