PDA

View Full Version : Rangers win the american league championship

mr surveyor
10-22-2010, 11:32 PM
mrs. surv is very happy :cheer2:

we went to the first playoff game against the Rays at The Ball Park, and she was NOT very happy:eek:.... and even more unhappy after the loss of game 2 at home.... but she got over that after the Rangers swept the Rays in their back yard. Losing to the Yankees in Game 1 of the ALCS in the 8th after leading 5-1 was a killer (I slept with one eye open all that night), but then three solid wins (two in Yankee Stadium) followed by a not so flashy game 5, gave me a bit of relief knowing we still had a chance (meaning me...as in chance to lead a normal life without injury from a crazed, disgruntled fan). Sure glad there was no need for Game 7...... I don't think I could have made it through another one. Since the Rangers have never won more than one post season game in their few appearances (96, 98,99), winning the first round of the playoffs was huge, but the ALC is almost surreal. Even if the boys go down in four in the World Series (which they won't), mrs surv will be counting the days until the 2011 season opener.

surv

p.s. did I mention that THE RANGERS WON THE AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP? (and I can sleep comfortably tonight)

dusty10
10-23-2010, 04:52 AM
I can't help but think the "Alvin Express" had something to do with the Rangers turn around. Executive management changes can often impact a sports franchise more than we fans would like to admit. Go Rangers. :D

Jeremiah/Az
10-23-2010, 01:15 PM
I didn't think the Rangers had a chance of beating the $200M+ payroll that is the Yankees. Sure glad they did. The Rangers play more of a National League type ball, stealing bases & taking extra bases. I don't have a dog in this fight for the World Series as my Diamondbacks fell flat on their face this year again. Should be a good series no matter who wins the National League.

Bawanna
10-23-2010, 01:42 PM
If Mrs Surv is happy, I'm happy. I nearly always route for the underdog anyhow so I'm happy even if Mrs Surv ain't happy. Nope, thats a gosh darn lie. If Mrs Surv ain't happy, I ain't happy.

mr surveyor
10-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Mrs. Surv is already wanting to spend more money on championship souvenire trinkets than the cost of a couple of new pistols. I can see now that I might as well make reservations for a dozen weekends 6-8 months in advance for one of the motels near The Ball Park (that has shuttle service) for next season. She kinda becam a Rangers fan in the mid 90's, but became a hard core "Mama Grizzley" type fan in the last five or six years. Last night, she was on the phone throughout the game with a half dozen of her friends (age 50 to 90) so they could squeel together.

I'm wearing earplugs starting next Wednesday.

surv