PDA

View Full Version : 10 day waiting period on my new pm9

mikey0013
10-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Hi guys first post here just had a couple of questions regarding my first purchase of a kahr
first is there a spacific break in procedure secound are the pm9's realiable i heard many breakage issuses on the forum and last are there any parts that need to be replaced after a being shot for more then a 1000 rounds, thank you :confused:

Bawanna
10-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Go to the tech section, read Jocko's proper prep of your new Kahr. There's also a really nice lube chart. This will tell you everything you need to break it in right. Owners manuals for all the Kahrs are linked to this site so you can read those in advance while you wait.

I predict you'll get along just fine from the get go with no problems and if you stumble on a glitch we're here to help if we can.
You shouldn't need any parts after 1000. Kahr recommends a recoil spring at or about the 1500 mark. Other than that they just run and run.
Welcome and keep us posted.

mikey0013
10-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Thank you very much for the quick feedback, how can i find out when it was manufactered the serial number is ib86....

Bawanna
10-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Seems like there was a thread here about that. I'm not serial number intelligent. I'd hazard a guess after 1925 and before 2022 but thats close as I can get.
We try to stay pretty serious around here just so ya know. Let me wander and see if I can find that link or maybe some of the ones around here with fully funtioning brains can remember and save effort.
I'll be back.

Bawanna
10-26-2010, 05:51 PM
http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-tech/207-kahr-serial-number-history-wig19-glocktalk.html

Throw a gander on this and see if your numbers make sense. I can't believe how quick I found it, if my arms were just a couple feet longer I'd be patting myself on the back for sure.

Bawanna
10-26-2010, 05:54 PM
I see a IB14 purchased in June 09 but that doesn't say for sure mfg date. I'm guessing yours is real recent.

mikey0013
10-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Thank you

Bluefield
10-26-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm looking for the source of the recommended recoil spring assembly replacement after approx. 1,500 rounds. Does this apply to my new PM9? And, if so, does it apply at every 1,500 round interval? If that's the case, I may as well order the $23 assembly now, to have it on hand when I need it.

Bawanna
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Most folks just replace the outer spring rather than replace the whole assembly. Many order direct from Wolff since they make springs for Kahr anyhow and you save a bit on shipping.
It might be nice to have a whole assembly on hand just in case it's ever needed but the outer spring is what takes the beating IMO.
I'm frantically trying to remember where I got that 1500 round number, I know it came up just recently and I looked for it. The memory is a terrible thing to lose.