PDA

View Full Version : Removing Odor from Gunvault Nano 200 Foam

garyb
10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
The Gunvault Nano 200 is a great little portable handgun safe, with ideal application in car and bedside. Simply install a safe under your car seat using the supplied cable wrapped around your seat frame AND next to your bed (in your nightstand drawer - out of sight) with the cable around your bed frame. You may need to make a longer cable by going to Lowes or Home Depot and purchasing a longer one with attachments. Keep your safe's key on your car key chain. You can safely lock up your handgun while at home by keeping your keys on you. When your children go to bed and you retire for the night, put the key in the safe at ready and close the drawer to your nightstand. When you wake up be sure to immediately remove your handgun and/or car keys and you are ready to go.

This from my wife: The odor of the foam is one negative that is easily remedied by soaking the foam in equal parts of white vinegar and water with some baking soda for about 2 hours. Then dry them in your dryer with 2 fabric softner sheets. The odor will be gone and you need not replace the foam with new foam.

I highly recommend this device to protect your handgun from theft for those times you must leave the gun in your vehicle AND for bedside security. It is well made and for bedside it is more reliable and quieter than the electronic or finger print devices which often fail and require several attempts to open; and beep which alerts the home invader. It is as simple as quietly turning a key to access your loaded or unloaded handgun.

It is also highly recommended that if your handgun is not on your person, keep it locked up but at the ready. Protect your children by leaving the keys out of the safe until you go to bed. Remove your gun and/or keys when you wake up to assure your children to not get to it first :spider:. It is a life style pattern that must be programmed. Otherwise unload and lock your handgun in a vault for ultimate security and safety from little fingers of your loved ones. Just a few thoughts.

OldLincoln
10-31-2010, 10:48 AM
I kept my Nono key with car keys so I couldn't leave home without locking the box.