PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Kahr Folks!

Hip
11-02-2010, 02:43 PM
As a new member I wanted to say hello to everyone!

A few days ago I bought a very lightly used P45 with the box, 2 mags and all the documents from the original owner for only $500. So I went looking for a tech based forum and found this community- looks great to me!

I went to the Tech Forum first thing and followed the Proper prep thread before I went to the range- excellent info right there.

Today I went to the range and ran 150 rds of 230 gr Wolf ammo through it and then followed that with 20 rds of Federal 230 gr Hydra Shock. The slide did stick a few times while shooting the Wolf but the P45 didn't have any other problems. Accuuracy was greatly improved when I shot the Federal (to be expected). The previous owner only ran 70 rds through it.

When I returned from the range I thoroughly cleaned, inspected and lubed the P45.

Overall I'm quite happy with it! :)

Bawanna
11-02-2010, 02:58 PM
Greetings and Salutations to Hip in Colorado!

We're glad your happy. Looks like you were wise and did all the right stuff in getting that P45 christened properly.
Glad you found us.

Last member I recall from Colorado was MX5Fan. If you see her please tell her to check in, we miss her terribly, and I have to brag that I got a Cbob just like she has.

Seriously, well I don't do serious but welcome aboard, glad your here.

getsome
11-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Hip, welcome to the cuckoo's nest...Good folk, good fun and much good info...Hey Bwann, give up dude, mx5 has left the building and I miss her too...Remember it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all...:cool:

Bawanna
11-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Hi Hip, welcome to the cuckoo's nest...Good folk, good fun and much good info...Hey Bwann, give up dude, mx5 has left the building and I miss her too...Remember it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all...:cool:

But we were engaged, actually I was engaged to MX and Zena. And she didn't even say good bye!:faint2::(:(:(

I'm building up my nerve to pop the question to TD2K since I'm finally getting good at remembering her name now. I'm so nervous and hate denial.
Plus crawling back into the chair from the one knee thing well its a big move.
Still waiting for word on my new Georgia girl too.

Hip
11-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys -

dusty10
11-02-2010, 05:51 PM
A big howdy from Houston. I have wanted a P45 for awhile now. Glad you like yours. Welcome to Kahrtalk, Dusty

Dietrich
11-03-2010, 06:26 AM
Nice to have you here on the forum.Let us know how things are going with your new handgun.Lots of fun here.

TD2K
11-03-2010, 06:40 AM
But we were engaged, actually I was engaged to MX and Zena. And she didn't even say good bye!:faint2::(:(:(

I'm building up my nerve to pop the question to TD2K since I'm finally getting good at remembering her name now. I'm so nervous and hate denial.

so it's YOU that runs off all the wimmen folk????

;)

I was just about to take off my coat and stay a while.....

kramm
11-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. Lots of stuff to read here, good info too.:biggrin1:

Bawanna
11-03-2010, 09:14 AM
so it's YOU that runs off all the wimmen folk????

;)

I was just about to take off my coat and stay a while.....

Naw it ain't true. Dietrich, tell her it ain't true. I think the guys like you way better than me anyhow so if one of us has to go it should be me. I'm harmless, I won't bother ya no mo. The ladies just got busy else where and moved on. Zena checks in rarely but once in a while. Take your coat off please, please, please.

PS- Will you marry me?

TD2K
11-03-2010, 10:10 AM
PS- Will you marry me?

awwww shucks, I'm already taken!

Bawanna
11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
awwww shucks, I'm already taken!

So were the other two, and so am I. Didn't matter to them. I'll have to look up the pic of the limo I was putting together for the nuptials.

TD2K
11-03-2010, 10:21 AM
well since you said limo............

Bawanna
11-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Heres one pic I have a couple others that I can't seem to find but I'll keep looking.

Bawanna
11-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Heres the shot where I tried to do a natural flame job with poor results. Seems them flame jobs are put on with paint it seems. Lighter fluid and a match don't get it done.
All fixed up now, not to worry. All the Dillon Aero's (6) were no on board which was good.

TD2K
11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
:D :p :D

O'Dell
11-03-2010, 11:31 AM

Would you be referring to Andrea? How much would you give for a phone number?

Bawanna
11-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Would you be referring to Andrea? How much would you give for a phone number?

Naw, I haven't got an answer from Andrea yet. This was a couple ladies that used to frequent the forum here. Good shooters, and nice people. Too bad Dietrich scared em off.

Sadly a phone number wouldn't be of value to me since I can't hear enough to talk on the phone. Now an email address and maybe a couple photos and we could be talking serious financial considerations.
LIke I'm loaded with financial considerations, ya know.

jlottmc
11-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Welcome to the asylum. I see you've met some of the inmates. We usually play pretty nice around here. BTW you'll love the P45, min has given nothing but love as well.