PDA

View Full Version : Rear vs Front Pocket Carry of PM40

garyb
11-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Just some input.....I've been carrying my PM40 in a Guru pocket holster from www.pocketholsters.com (http://www.pocketholsters.com) in front pocket and recently tried it in my rear jeans pocket. It is a very nice pocket holster...no print. I am thinking it is actually more comfortable to carry in the rear pocket and easier to draw. It looks like a wallet. It is nice to be able to have a 40S&W that fits nicely in either the front or rear pocket of almost any pants. I am loving the tremendous carry options of this little PM40 with the CTL :) and the versatility and durability of the Guru pocket holster. I can't say enough positive for these products.

joshh
11-03-2010, 11:51 AM
i will def begetting one of these holsters for the seecamp i am buying to back pocket carry but i am nervous about sitting on the pm9 while driving. i know the polymer frames are solid but... glad to see you are having luck with it, hope more people who back pocket carry contribute to this topic.

OldLincoln
11-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Perhaps your rear pocket is deeper than mine, because wearing Levis, the end of the grip was plainly visible for anybody behind me (as in checkout) looking down at the pocket.

earle8888
11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
noticed pocket holsters have model with a hindge imitation zipper flap for rear pocket carry. Not yet available for PMs Looks like it could be the ticket

dusty10
11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
None of my jeans back pockets are deep enough to successfully carry a PM there without showing. I am not sure I would sit on a gun while driving either. Somehow, that doesn't seem right. I would remove gun from back pocket and place it on the seat next to me while driving.

joshh
11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
None of my jeans back pockets are deep enough to successfully carry a PM there without showing. I am not sure I would sit on a gun while driving either. Somehow, that doesn't seem right. I would remove gun from back pocket and place it on the seat next to me while driving.
that's exactly what i do when i back pocket carry but it can be awkward situation if a passenger isnt comfortable with it or if the kids are in truck. as far as jeans go the pm9 fits in most styles i have with a few exceptions but its close to the top. i really like the idea of back pocket carry tho which is why i want a seecamp. only problem is i live in ma and the only seecamp we can get right now is a 32. i'm told the 38 will be available soon but ive been hearing that over a year.

garyb
11-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I have no problem with the back pocket of most of my jeans as the pistol does not show using the GURU holster. However, I can see where various manufacturer jeans would be cut different for pocket depth and/or different holsters manufacturers fit the pockets differently. I do have a couple pair of jeans that have a smaller back pocket than do most of my jeans. Therefore, I didn't mean to suggest it ALWAYS fits. But it is comfortable to carry this way with the right pants. I don't like sitting on my handgun either and it is very simple to quickly and cautiously move it to the front pocket, or remove it completely when driving. Althought, I can also sit (short term) in a manner that allows me to NOT sit directly on the pistol when it is rear pocket carried.

Bawanna
11-04-2010, 12:18 PM
that's exactly what i do when i back pocket carry but it can be awkward situation if a passenger isnt comfortable with it or if the kids are in truck. as far as jeans go the pm9 fits in most styles i have with a few exceptions but its close to the top. i really like the idea of back pocket carry tho which is why i want a seecamp. only problem is i live in ma and the only seecamp we can get right now is a 32. i'm told the 38 will be available soon but ive been hearing that over a year.

Josh, you might want to do a bit more research on that seecamp. It's been a few years but I looked hard at them at one time and all my research led me to lean towards the 32. The gun was built to that specific round and they even recommended a certain brand. Hydra Shok if I recall although I've heard they chose another selection after a change in the federal recipe or something.
I was told with the 380 version you had to replace the recoil spring at least every 200 rounds without fail where as the 32 would go much much longer. This may be old news now, as I say it's been awhile. They are sweet little guns and I rarely see them anymore in our area, once in awhile.
Not tryin to pursuade you either direction but advise ya to do your homework and avoid that buyer remorse thing we all go thru from time to time.