PDA

View Full Version : PM40 with Corbon DPX?

garyb
11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Anyone using a PM40 with Corbon DPX 140 gr (thunder ranch) ammo?
I am wanting to try it, but it is not cheap. I am hopeful that someone has experience with this ammo in the PM40. I am interested in how it feeds, ejects, recoil, accuracy, etc.... Thankyou for your input.

jocko
11-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I shoot it in my PM9. The corbon dpx round is just one super duper round. All copper barnes bullet and u will get 100% full petal expansion to. Not cheap but neither is life...

The PM40 is not the most pleasant gun to shoot in the first place so don't expect this round to help you out any. It is a hot round, but kahrs are not ammo sensitive either. Test out with a box first before going over board and buying to much and then not liking it for some reason or anothher..

garyb
11-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks Jocko. I tried some of the Corbon 140 DPX and it shoots very similarly to the Federal Hydrashock 135 low recoil JHP and the Win Ranger 135 JHP. All cycled well with no problems through my (very pleasant...haha) PM40 and shot similarly to my Win 165 target/practice ammo. The cost of the Corbon is much higher than all of these, which made it lower in my personal rankings. But by all means, it remains an excellent performer and probably well worth the cost. I liked the Federal Hydrashocks a great deal too, but the Win Ranger 135 JHP was only $33/box of 100 from www.alamoammo.com (http://www.alamoammo.com) . This is an excellent price for self defense ammo. This price was closest to the price of my practice ammo. This means that I can train with the same sword I carry. It is good to have options to fall back on and these are all good options on ammo for personal defense according to the article posted by deuce under self defense ammo. Check it out - Good article. Thanks again for you input Jocko.

Ol'coot
11-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Gary,

Corbon DPX is my carry ammo of choice in both my PM9 and K40. Both guns runs well with it and I am convinced it will preform to the max if needed. It is not cheap ammo but neither were my Kahr's but feel all are worth the cost and that I can depend on them if needed

garyb
11-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Ol'coot, In my opinion, you have made an excellent (but expensive) choice. Thanks for sharing the info.

jocko
11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
compared to one's life, the right ammo is a real bargain!! I would not want to have to shoot any corbon ammo for range fodder!!!Normally a buck a round. I usually give any new defense ammo one box for range reliability and then if I like it, I buy it for carry and then at least once a month, I shoot out my carry magazine and start with new fresh ammo. Just a creature of habit. I know some go 6 months and more with the same ammo in their defense magazine. Probalby over kill on my part but it keeps fresh ammo in my life saving gun..

trust me when I say OL COOT knows his sh-t. I have followed some of his threads on the kel tec forum (back younder) and he has always presented his findings correctly and then lets u decide.

Nickso
06-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I just shot 40 Powerball's through my PM40 and they are some hot rounds at 135 grn.

I let a guy next to me shoot a couple through his large frame .40 and he could not believe it either. Don't know why they don't just call them a +P round. :-)

What are the thoughts with the powerball in the PM40 ?

I have read mixed reviews.

jocko
06-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I carry um in my P:380 and pM9