PDA

View Full Version : Desantis Sof-Tuck Holster for CW40

TheTman
11-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Has anyone heard anything good, bad, or indifferent about this new holster from Destantis? You can get a look at it HERE (http://desantis.aktion.com/store/WHATS-NEW/sof-tucktm/kahr/copy4_of_cw9-k9). I like the fact that it can be adjusted so many ways. And the price is very reasonable. Also wanted something tuckable for the rare occasions I have to dress up. I notice Kahr has the Desantis Tuck-This listed in the Kahr shop, it would probably work, but I'm not fond of having my spare mag carrier attached to the holster, and if I'm not going to use it then why have the extra bulk hanging off my holster. I find that best concealment on my small body comes at the 4:00 to 5:00 positions, and I like a strong forward cant at this position. Right now I'm using an Uncle Mikes IWB holster that offers no adjustment options and am looking to upgrade at a reasonable price until after Christmas. I've looked at a ton of holsters, including most of the ones mentioned on this board and at the Kahr Shop, but the Sof-Tuck is the one that seems to have the features I want at price I can afford.
Later on I may try the MTAC holster if the Sof-Tuck doesn't work out.

Bawanna
11-05-2010, 05:17 PM
That one does have some reinforcing at the opening to help in reholstering. Often times you still have to inhale and hold your mouth right to make it happen. It sure looks better than alot. I neglected to even look at the price.

Just stay the heck away from ryoung when he's playing with his gun.

TheTman
11-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks for you input ryoung and Bawanna. I know what you guys mean about reholstering your weapon. Once I put my pistol in the holster it usually stays there all day due to gyrations you have to go through to reholster. I've let all my friends have a look at it, so it doesn't need to come out of the holster much these days. You know, that's the one time I almost wish there was a manual safety on the Kahr, so I don't end up shooting myself in the butt while reholstering, LOL. I'm hoping the reinforced top on the Sof-tuck will help with that. Bawanna, the price is around $25 so not too much to write off if it doesn't work out. ryoung, be careful where you point your gun! Have a great weekend!