PDA

View Full Version : porting a CW40

getsome
10-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Hello all, I got to the range over the weekend and put 100 rounds through my CW40 without any problems except to my hand:eek:...I must say that the kick and muzzle flip is a bit stout due to the guns light weight and after a while I was starting to flinch before firing causing bad groups:...I would like to ask if anyone has had their gun MagnaPorted and if so does it help much with the recoil...Also would this void the warranty?...I see that Kahr offers a ported barrel as an option for about the same price as MagnaPort wants to do the work $160.00 but I think the Kahr barrel sticks out the front of the slide and I dont think I would like that and it wouldnt fit my holster I currently have....What do you folks think?...

jocko
10-28-2009, 08:50 AM
Hello all, I got to the range over the weekend and put 100 rounds through my CW40 without any problems except to my hand:eek:...I must say that the kick and muzzle flip is a bit stout due to the guns light weight and after a while I was starting to flinch before firing causing bad groups:...I would like to ask if anyone has had their gun MagnaPorted and if so does it help much with the recoil...Also would this void the warranty?...I see that Kahr offers a ported barrel as an option for about the same price as MagnaPort wants to do the work $160.00 but I think the Kahr barrel sticks out the front of the slide and I dont think I would like that and it wouldnt fit my holster I currently have....What do you folks think?...

magna-port. They invented it, their's works and it will tame your cw40 down big time. Ihave my k9 and PM9 magna-ported and truly love it. I have over 25,000 rounds out of my PM9 and I still have my hearing, my cloths has not caught on fire and I can tell you that my second shot is just sitting there waiting forme to pull the trigger. It will tame the cw40 down even more and IMO make it one hell of an enjoyable gun to shoot to.

My g19 is magna-ported and shoots like a 22. Youcan ust send the slide and barrel to Mag-na port also for about $8, turn around time is about 2 weeks. Their work is awesome. I don't think you will regret it..:cheer2::cheer2:

getsome
10-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks Jocko...I really appreciate your response and am glad it will tame the little beast...I love everything about the pistol except the bite so I will be sending it to Magna-Port this week...I will report back how it shoots after the they de-fang it....Thanks again!!!:cool:

jocko
10-28-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks Jocko...I really appreciate your response and am glad it will tame the little beast...I love everything about the pistol except the bite so I will be sending it to Magna-Port this week...I will report back how it shoots after the they de-fang it....Thanks again!!!:cool:

feed back is what these forums is all about. To many 40 kahr owners have told me after magna-porting what a big difference it made in their accuracy and felt recoil..

Please do report back. plus or minus, people need to hear fromt he owners of ported guns, not hear say stuff, which u read so much about..