PDA

View Full Version : What to use? Repaint rear sight.

wagon
11-13-2010, 05:11 PM
I have a PM9 with standard sight, the white paint on the rear sight is long gone. I plan to repaint it, but what paint / material should I use?

Thanks in advance.

Bawanna
11-13-2010, 06:22 PM
I've used about everything at one time or another. Model paint in those little tiny jars is good oil based. Finger nail polish works great but white is sometimes had to find although with the french nail jobs popular these days much easier. (I know your asking how the hell does he know this?).

Some actually prefer to leave the rear sight black too and that works well for some. I like the standard kahr sights myself but many again don't. Guess whatever blows your skirt up.

They actually make regular sight paint too, seen it in shops, never used it, figured it's like everything else but says guns on it so add 74%.

gb6491
11-13-2010, 07:45 PM
For white: appliance or porcelain touch up paint works well. It's comes in small bottles that most home improvement or hardware stores have in stock. Automotive touch up paint is another option, but it is usually a little more expensive.
Regards,
Greg

mikey0013
11-14-2010, 01:17 AM
i had the front sight of my new pm9 missing the white paint, ordered bright sight white paint but never used it becouse i sent my slide back to get xs big dots installed if you want ill ship you the paint WITHOUT ANY CHARGE i just have no use for it, let me know ill ship it out on monday.:D

PM ME

WGSNewnan
11-14-2010, 07:42 AM
the auto touch up paint works very well if used with the clear coat.

wagon
11-18-2010, 04:22 AM
Thanks guys, been on a biz trip..... Thanks, Mikey.. PM sent.