PDA

View Full Version : National Anthem

Jim K
11-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Everybody,

Just so you don't mis this:

Hot Video: Marine Stuns Crowd at Tea Party - Archive - Fox Nation (http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2010/06/07/watch-marine-stuns-crowd-tea-party)

'nuff said, Jim

mr surveyor
11-22-2010, 06:02 PM
WOW. That was FANTASTIC! The "first verse" always makes me tear up a little (when it's done with sincerity), but that really cleared the crud outta my eyes.

Thanks for posting the link.

surv

wyntrout
11-22-2010, 06:26 PM
Ditto, Surv. That wasn't the first time I've seen that, but it's very touching... and it's neat to see it dawn on the people that this is our National Anthem and they all start standing up and "saluting"... covering their hearts... unlike out "Great Leader". I read recently the FOUR verses of our National Anthem.
I don't know where that 'former Marine" had served, but that was one of his bravest acts... singing that a capella... AWESOME!

I'm headed up to Southern Illinois tomorrow... not quite "Land of the Free" as envisioned by our founders, but my wife and I are going to spend Thanksgiving with my daughter and her husband of barely a year, my son, and my Ex-wife. That's good for conversation when we're out... being out with my wives.... She, my Ex, will clobber me for saying stuff like that, but we're all friends and family.

I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving.

Wynn

MikeyKahr
11-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm headed up to Southern Illinois tomorrow... not quite "Land of the Free" as envisioned by our founders, but...

I wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving.

Wynn

Hey Wynn, happy Thanksgiving Day to you too! Have a safe and fun trip to Illinois and a great time with your family. Make sure you get back in one piece from the Midwest version of MA/CA.

Jeremiah/Az
11-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Wynn, be sure to go unarmed! We don't want to have to come bail you out. Happy Thanksgiving all!

earle8888
11-23-2010, 02:41 PM
Greaaaat!

wyntrout
12-07-2010, 11:47 AM
All FOUR verses and more:

Star Spangled Banner Lyrics, mp3, midi, music, words, & wav (http://www.star-spangled-banner.info/lyrics/)