PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a used CW9

gb6491
11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Sometime back, I set out to purchase a CW9, but ended up with a Browning Hi Power instead. Well a couple couple of days ago a very clean, pre-owned CW9 turned up in a local shop. It didn't look to have many rounds through it and was bone dry inside. After a quick lube, it's running well and I'm pleased with it to this point. Serial number points to Aug 2006 production.
http://i55.tinypic.com/dws9c1.jpg
With my CW45:
http://i51.tinypic.com/xbwas.jpg
Regards,
Greg

10Kahrs
11-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Nice find looks brand new

Allblackedout
11-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Nice find looks brand new

+1 good find.

94zcar
11-24-2010, 01:09 AM
I wish the CW9 mags fit flush like your CW45...I had to look close at first I thought there was no mag in th CW45.

JEC_PA
11-24-2010, 05:44 AM
Very nice set.

rkirk
11-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Nice find, congratulations! I am still trying to wrap my brain around your incredible luck. Let me see, while looking for a CW9 you have to settle for a Browning Hi-Power :D and later stumble across a very nice used CW9. Ending up with two of the most outstanding pistols on the planet. Wow, my hat is off to you, shoot safe.

-- Richard

Bawanna
11-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Nice find, congratulations! I am still trying to wrap my brain around your incredible luck. Let me see, while looking for a CW9 you have to settle for a Browning Hi-Power :D and later stumble across a very nice used CW9. Ending up with two of the most outstanding pistols on the planet. Wow, my hat is off to you, shoot safe.

-- Richard

I was just thinking that very same thing. Lucky!

rkirk
11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Bawanna45cal,

Yes I guess great minds and all of that! And congratulations to you, new Admin! You and and others make this a great forum!

While I carry my Kahr CW9 my most cherished firearm is my Hi-Power. Both pistols are among the the few best defensive pistols in the world.

-- Richard

Bawanna
11-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Bawanna45cal,

Yes I guess great minds and all of that! And congratulations to you, new Admin! You and and others make this a great forum!

While I carry my Kahr CW9 my most cherished firearm is my Hi-Power. Both pistols are among the the few best defensive pistols in the world.

-- Richard

Like minds indeed. I'm kind of scattered in the most cherished firearm dept, right now my most favored is my Dan Wesson/CZ Cbob, but my PM45 is always on me and my Hi Power (like holding John Moses Brownings hand) is never far away and held alot.

I of course gotta agree that this is indeed a great forum with lots of good guys and at least one gal. (can I say gal?) RD2K, get back to me on that will ya?

gb6491
11-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Thank you all for the comments:)

I wish the CW9 mags fit flush like your CW45...I had to look close at first I thought there was no mag in the CW45.
I'm with you on that. I'm very pleased with how the flush fit magazine has worked out with the CW45 (it's now my primary magazine for carry.

Here is shot of the CW9 and my BHP (it's an early forged frame MKIII):
http://i54.tinypic.com/bds4r9.jpg
Regards,
Greg

rkirk
11-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Great Photo, now if I could just find my camera. I do not have a picture of my CW9 and Hi-Power, that is a great match up!

-- Richard

Bawanna
11-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree thats an awesome picture, what a sweet High Power.

Does the hammer bite you a bit if you drop your guard now and then. Mine will just barely *** me now and then. Been thinking about the no bite hammer, I don't want to mess with the beavertail and have John Moses roll over thinking about me defacing his masterpiece.

Mine has such a great trigger I hate to do anything and since I don't shoot it a whole lot that might be the wisest thing to do. Nothing.

Tilos
11-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Nice guns, most cherished, in some states, is also known as "my BBQ gun".

Just so you know, the PM9 mag base plate will give you an almost flush mag on a CW9 and can be puchased seperately from Kahr.

just sayin'
Tilos

94zcar
11-26-2010, 10:09 AM
That Hi Power is one nice looking pistol.

gb6491....how did you get your magazine to fit flush like that on the CW45? I'd lke to get my CW9 to fit like that.

94zcar
11-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the pm9 base plates.
is that how he set up his CW45 mags?

jlottmc
11-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Nice guns, most cherished, in some states, is also known as "my BBQ gun".

Just so you know, the PM9 mag base plate will give you an almost flush mag on a CW9 and can be puchased seperately from Kahr.

just sayin'
Tilos

BBQ gun? what is this? For the others wanting a flush fit 45 mag, there was a thread that Greg did not too long ago http://kahrtalk.com/p-cw-series-pistols/3317-cw45-p45-flush-fit-magazine-updated.html that should answer a few questions.

Bawanna
11-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Round our parts we think of Barbecue Gun and Sunday go to meeting gun pretty much the same.

This is where the fancy leather, or gold inlaid , or just top drawer stuff that normally stays in the box comes out. Was in a shop a few years ago and they had a Beretta 92 with gold controls, trigger and hammer. Told them too fancy for me but would make a great barbecue gun. They were confused but smiled.
Actually the term I'm pretty sure originated down your way in Texas perhaps with Skeeter or one of his pals.

Mernickel Holsters has a belt set up he calls his barbecue rig. Nice stuff.

Tilos
11-26-2010, 03:16 PM
I was in a gun shop today, and although it didn't show, some guns must have had platinum trigger bars for the prices they wanted.
Sorry for the drift.

Tilos

TheTman
11-26-2010, 03:30 PM
What a nice find!!! Great pics, had to wipe the drool off my chin. LOL

gb6491
11-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Again , my thanks to all for your comments:)

Does the hammer bite you a bit if you drop your guard now and then. Mine will just barely *** me now and then. Been thinking about the no bite hammer, I don't want to mess with the beavertail and have John Moses roll over thinking about me defacing his masterpiece.

Bawanna,
Naw it's pretty docile in that regards. I have had some pistols bite me over the years...a Walther TPH and a RIA compact (that somebody put a spur hammer on) immediately come to mind. Then, there are the FEG Hi Power clones, I can't rack the slide on one without it doing damage to my hand.:ohmy:

jlottmc,
Thank you kindly for giving 94zcar the link to the CW45 magazine info.
Semper, Fi,
Greg

BTW, Here a shot of my old BBQ gun (no longer own it): BBQ gun (http://i37.tinypic.com/5l2c1z.jpg)
If I own anything close to a BBQ gun now, it would be this one (http://i36.tinypic.com/i1fjhw.jpg); even though my "pimp gun" (http://i42.tinypic.com/awzzuw.jpg) thinks it qualifies.

Bawanna
11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Those all qualify as barbecue guns without question. I have the plain poor side of the tracks version of that birdshead ruger, I'm told I got the last one shipped to washington but of course can't confirm that nor do I care, I just want them to make more.
Yours or your ex there gives me a chubby for sure. How does a man part with something beautiful as that.
You need a Mernickle Barbecue rig for that second one, it would be right at home.

jlottmc
11-27-2010, 08:26 AM
No worries about the link. I had never heard of the BBQ gun before. Then again I go for function first and beauty maybe. I also think that a gun that shoots well, feels good in the hands, and has earned its character marks honestly is a beautiful gun. It's kind of like ink with me, I can appreciate the works of art, but have no desire to own the art.

jshull
11-27-2010, 10:20 AM
nice weapons! I carry my cw9 everyday, but today I put money down on a S&W 442. I got it for a summer carry, but my wife has takin a real liken to my cw9 since I put the crimson trace on.

jlottmc
11-27-2010, 12:54 PM
You done it now. Now the wife is going to claim the CW and leave you in the cold. Kinda burns my biscuits the way wives do that. Oh Bawanna and all who know the story of that transitional 1911 that my uncle has (neighbor lady's husband used to have it), I'm working on giving my uncle the bug too. Jschull, if your wife is interested in carrying that weapon, more power to her especially if she is to shoot it bunches, it may be worth your while to get another one.

Bawanna
11-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I agree, give it to the missus. Get your self another or give her the shiney new one, whatever it takes.
Just remember these Kahrs are far more lethal than cast iron frying pans. Tread softly, we'd miss you very much.

jlottmc
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
His CW is shiny new. Remember he just got it. I say let her have it, and upgrade to the pm45 that you wanted. :cool::biggrin1:

Bawanna
11-27-2010, 01:44 PM
His CW is shiny new. Remember he just got it. I say let her have it, and upgrade to the pm45 that you wanted. :cool::biggrin1:

Very nearly shiney and new but not virgin. Woman love brand new shiney things in a box that smell like money.

Your plan is sound though and if theres the slightest urge for a 45 (and there of course should be) a PM45 or a matching CW45 would fill that nicely. Now is the time.

jlottmc
11-27-2010, 01:47 PM
I feel us passing the bug around again. We need professional help. A CW 45 would be a good place to start. Take up reloading, then feed both of them, the wife is happy, and you look like the good guy in her eyes. It works.

jshull
11-27-2010, 03:13 PM
I tell you what if she wants it, then its hers. I get very little greif for my purchase's. I am here to tell you I have much more expensive hobbies than her. harley, guns, fishing, 4 wheelers. Now here hobbies include giving me orders on what to do to the house, and Garage selling.....I sir cannot complian about her.