PDA

View Full Version : Self Defense Ammo

deuce
11-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I found this site while searching for some ammo advice....might be helpful.:)Ammunition For The Self-Defense Firearm (http://www.chuckhawks.com/ammo_by_anonymous.htm)

kahrseye
11-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Very interesting....thanks

garyb
11-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks for posting this article. It put a real smile on my face as it confirmed my choice for the .40S&W Federal Premium Low Recoil 135gr JHP. My other choices were also mentioned as being preferred, CorBon's 140gr and Winchester 135gr JHP. Good article.

earle8888
11-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Read link provided by Duce, Interesting reading. BUT don't agree with all his paropositions..That said, his first statement is the one that really counts, e.i.---SHOT PLACEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

garyb
11-25-2010, 12:41 PM
I found the article particularly interesting because it is based on shooting incidents, autopcies, and ballistics - human subjects... not goats, gell, cinder blocks, etc... But test media replication of human subject reactions and the potential for pass through stray impacts are always subject to criticism. I also agree with the authors important point on placement. That's another reason why I selected the Federal Hydrashock 135 gr low recoil JHP, Win Ranger 135 or Corbon 140 DPX. I can shoot these better from my PM40 because they shoot and feel like my target/practice ammo. In fact, the Ranger ammo is cheap enough to be used for practice. Lots of good ammo out there and almost as much as there is diversity of opinions about them. All good stuff.

Mr. S
11-25-2010, 07:11 PM
That is old and outdated information.