PDA

View Full Version : MK Series Full Disassembly/Reassembly ???

xRUSTYx
11-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Hey Guys ...

Looking for a full assembly/disassembly guide. Anyone know of any?

jocko
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
I am sure there is one out there somewhere but personally I would not take that lower grip apart. There is no need to ever do it unless something breaks there. The trigger assembly is a real bugger to take apart and reinstall back and again, hell you can look right down inside and see it all. Just spray clean it and leave it alone. If you take the grips off, you can spray clean and lube the back portion.

THERE IS NO NEED TO SCREW WITH THAT LOWER SECTION.

xRUSTYx
12-01-2010, 10:12 AM
jocko -- i'm not disassembling it just to clean it. I plan to media blast the frame, so the more I can actually take out, the better, and easier it will be to tape up the rest that doesn't get blasted.

at this point .... It would be ideal to get the trigger out and tape up the rails & internals. taping the trigger may be a bit tough considering i would have to work different angles when shooting.... thus, if i could find a way to disassemble/reassemble properly, it may make it worth it :)

jocko
12-01-2010, 10:21 AM
no problem from me, just wanted to make u fully aware, having never seen media blasting done, I hav eno clue as to what is required, so consider what I said as advice and not gospel in all counts..

xRUSTYx
12-01-2010, 10:47 AM
haha....no worries jocko.

the thing with blasting is you have to tape up everywhere you DON'T want to get blasted. The little beads/glass get EVERYWHERE, so the more you can disassemble, the easier it will be to clean in the end.

at this point, I think I will stick with the polished look. i started the job, and it looks pretty good, but I think a pro needs to take over and give it that mirrored finish. its a b**** to keep clean, but it looks amazing!

appreciate the help jocko