PDA

View Full Version : And the Winner Is....

skychief12
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
I stopped by one of the local indoor ranges here in Dallas to try and determine the reliability of the various .380 they rent. I talk to the guy whose job it is to send out the rental guns for repair. He told me out of the Sig, Kal-Tec, Ruger, Bersa, Dimondback, & Kahr (all in .380). The Kahr.380 is the one rental model that doesn't break.

Bawanna
12-01-2010, 02:58 PM
That's a pretty glowing endorsement. Rental guns don't get tender loving care and love. Most are used very hard and put away dirty.
It's good to hear this kind of report.

KahrCarry
12-01-2010, 03:20 PM
The gentleman on duty at Larry's (a massive place with a range in Alabama, for those who are unfamiliar - I don't live there, but stop in there when I travel down to Florida for business whenever I can), told me the same thing about the Kahr CW9 and P9, and he does not lie, and this meant a lot to me when buying.

When I asked about the CW9 specifically, he told me they've got one that has never needed a part or repair, and it's a two year old model with well over 10,000 rounds through it - I ended up renting that exact one and had no problems whatsoever.

Again, these are knowledgeable and trustworthy folks.

armed pacifist
12-04-2010, 10:32 AM
The gentleman on duty at Larry's (a massive place with a range in Alabama, for those who are unfamiliar - I don't live there, but stop in there when I travel down to Florida for business whenever I can), told me the same thing about the Kahr CW9 and P9, and he does not lie, and this meant a lot to me when buying.

When I asked about the CW9 specifically, he told me they've got one that has never needed a part or repair, and it's a two year old model with well over 10,000 rounds through it - I ended up renting that exact one and had no problems whatsoever.

Again, these are knowledgeable and trustworthy folks.

If the range guy at Larry's told you that I would believe him. I live in Huntsville and Larry's is my LGS. The guy that usually works the range was a Marine Scout Sniper (don't know his name, just his beard :)). He is no-nonsense. He is a Glock-guy, so it's unlikely his comment came from a bias or preference for Kahr.

cw45fan
12-04-2010, 11:13 AM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:84:

:music: