PDA

View Full Version : Custom Engraved Kahr CW series available

TheTman
12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
I just got this month's issue of the USCCA magazine, (US Concealed Carry Association) and the people at American Legacy Firearms are offering custom engraving on the Kahr CW series for $899 for USCCA members.
They are some good looking guns, and you can have whatever you want engraved on them. You can see their work at the following links:
KAHR at American Legacy Firearms (http://www.americanlegacyfirearms.com/Products.aspx?item=42) or USCCA at American Legacy Firearms (http://www.americanlegacyfirearms.com/Products.aspx?item=63)
The 2nd link says the prices is normaly $1099, so USCCA members save a couple hundred bucks. Price is out of my range, but I thought I'd pass the info along in case anyone had $900 burning a hole in their pocket. Definately not something you'd want to carry everyday and possibly have confiscated as evidence.

Bawanna
12-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Too rich for me too but it is worth noting they say that price includes the gun so its not like 900 for an engraving job.

Not sure I'd want my name engraved on the gun either plus wonder if they could fit Bawanna on that little slide in meaningful size letter in roman script?

kahrseye
12-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Too rich for me too but it is worth noting they say that price includes the gun so its not like 900 for an engraving job.

Not sure I'd want my name engraved on the gun either plus wonder if they could fit Bawanna on that little slide in meaningful size letter in roman script?

How about B.45? That would fit. Or just Tiny.....:roll:

Bawanna
12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
I thought about having Tiny put on my PM45, I'm not big on the B. Too Mayberry for me as much as I loved Aunt B.

Guess I could put Jocko on it and use it for a throw down.

(I can't believe I even thunk that!:eek:)

mr surveyor
12-02-2010, 05:59 PM
so, there are really folks that would spend $400 to put engraving detail on a pistol that sells for $500 or less.... a generic style (although perfect ccw), off the shelf handgun?

No offense to Kahr, or any other maker of tupperware firearms, but that just doesn't make any sense at all. But, if it were all stainless, and something I knew that could be passed down for several generations, and I had money to throw at a BBQ gun, I might be impressed. But, a CW9????? Nope, not me!

surv

Bawanna
12-02-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't believe its Kahr doing it, it's American Legacy whoever that is, kind of like the outfits that make all the commemorative winchesters and military stuff with gold and engraving and barbecue sauce on em.

I agree with everything else you said. Poor choice.

Now do something meaningful on a MK9 or even a K9 and you'd have something to write home about. I did'n't like the words and styles much myself although I do love engraving if it's done right. Doubt that I'll ever have to spend much time picking out an engraving pattern but one never knows.

cw45fan
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Um... yeah... no offense to anyone... and to each his own, and all that... but looking through the engraved Kahr pics on that site doesn't exactly make words like "impressive" or "classy" or phrases like "wow, that really adds a lot" (and such) come to mind. For me, it's more like "huh????????"... But that's just me... Ah, the American marketplace... :rolleyes:

kahrseye
12-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Um... yeah... no offense to anyone... and to each his own, and all that... but looking through the pics on that site doesn't exactly make words like "impressive" or "classy" or phrases like "wow, that really adds a lot" (and such) come to mind. For me, it's more like "huh????????"... But that's just me... Ah, the American marketplace... :rolleyes:

I agree.......:cheer2:

robmcd
12-02-2010, 09:55 PM
This is my kind of engraving.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/robmcdphotos/glocksmilewaitforflash.jpg

zebraD
12-03-2010, 06:50 AM
I believe that Kahr already makes a custom gum called the Black Rose gun. Unlike the CW that American Legacy is making:puke:, it actually looks classy. JMHO.

garyb
12-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Yea, not for me either and especially not on a CW. The folks sponsoring this probably feel many folks won't know the differences in the Kahrs and picked a model that could bring a better profit for them and worked out a deal with Kahr on quantity.

recoilguy
12-03-2010, 07:27 AM
I don't particularily like the looks but I am not down on anyone for trying to sell the gun or would I be down on anyone who owns one. If my buddy took it out and said hey dude check out this beauty.....I'd say man that is a beauty, Nicely Played.

The CW is a very nice reliable gun and because its polymer doesn't make it a bad choice in my book. I have a D/U engraved shotgun....It's a Mossberg 500 pump. Not a classy gun or one that should be kept behind glass but I like it. If anyone ever told me I should not have had a stupid Mossberg engraved what was I thinking.....they would need to find a new ride home.

I hope they sell every one they have.

RCG

Bawanna
12-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Beauty is to the eye of the beholder. I like Mossbergs too, lets see a pic?

Roadblock
12-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Whoa, too much money for that considering you can get those guns for $399~499.00 dollars.

PLENTY of customs shops will engrave for you for much less.

One of my favorites:

Customized Creationz Custom Gun Works Shop (http://www.customizedcreationz.com/services/laserengraving.html)

Customized Creationz Custom Gun Works Shop (http://www.customizedcreationz.com/laserpage2.html)

Squib
12-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Engraved CW is an oxymoron!:rolleyes:

varoadking
12-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Tacky...at best...

TheTman
12-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Bawanna, not sure I should lift a pic of their site and put it here, might be copyrighted and get the forum in trouble.
If you click on these links, you'll see pics of the gun.
KAHR at American Legacy Firearms (http://www.americanlegacyfirearms.com/Products.aspx?item=42) or USCCA at American Legacy Firearms (http://www.americanlegacyfirearms.com/Products.aspx?item=63)

Now I can see myself owning something like that in a stainless 1911, if I had the cash burning a hole in my pocket. I always thought engraved 1911's in a nice box hung on the wall was a very classic piece of artwork. Heck even and engraved all steel Kahr would be nice, but I don't anticipate having that kind of money to throw around anytime soon. I think they chose the CW series just to be a little more affordable.
I'm more into shooting than displaying guns, so I'd take the $900 and spend on a nice shooting firearm of some sort. Probably a Kahr or a Kimber .45. Or else buy a CW9 and a CW45 so I'd have the complete set.

Bawanna
12-12-2010, 07:00 PM
"Bawanna, not sure I should lift a pic of their site and put it here, might be copyrighted and get the forum in trouble.
If you click on these links, you'll see pics of the gun.
KAHR at American Legacy Firearms or USCCA at American Legacy Firearms"

I seen those pictures, I was asking about a picture of recoilguys Mossberg.

Wish I knew how to engrave. Its a true and probably declining art form.