PDA

View Full Version : Any chance adjustable L.O.P. stock model?

Rscout6945
10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
I have wanted to buy a M1 Carbine for my wife and son to learn to shoot with but none of the stocks for a Carbine will fit someone of small stature.

Does anyone know and has anyone ever thought about an adjustable L.O.P. synthetic stock for the M1 Carbine? Something similar to the synthetic, folding stock model except you redo the mold so that the stock has a synthetic tube that you could fit an adjustable buttstock from an AR.

What does everyone else think about this??

johnh
10-31-2009, 08:51 AM
I tried to help you on this but am not having any luck. There were two companies that I can think of making adjustable stocks for M1 Carbines in the 1980s and 90s. Advanced Tech had a wire stocked model that adjusted for length of pull. It was primarily wood save for the stock itself. There was also a small company making a nice looking polymer one with a metal wire collapsing stock. I met the gentleman that designed it at a gun show once and he demonstrated how securely it locked. It was before the ban, so I am sure that killed his business. I want to say he was based in Missouri, maybe in the Kansas City area. I remember his advertisements in SGN said something about "modernizing war baby". I cannot find anyone selling either stock online at this time, so both may have been discontinued.

Then there is the Hezi bullpup conversion. I always thought that looked quite interesting although I would not sacrifice a surplus M1 for the purpose.

http://kahrtalk.com/members/johnh-albums-m1-carbine-images-picture69-hezi1.jpg

John

cpormann
10-31-2009, 08:53 PM
You could buy a Synthetic Replacement Stock
in Syn-Tech Black #18025 I remember reading the length of pull was 2" shorter. It costs $56.00 and you could do what you wanted to do
to this stock without butchering the nice stock on the M1.

Note: I have never tried this stock on a gun. Still saving my pennies
to buy my M1 carbine

You can see the stock at:

Ram-Line Stocks and Accessories (http://www.a2zoutdoors.com/ram-line_stocks_and_accessories.htm)

Rscout6945
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the help. I guess in my minds eye I am thinking of something similar to the TAPCO stocks for Mini-14 and so on.

One stock will not help me because everyone is of a different size so it has to be adjustable.

ChoateMachineTool
03-19-2010, 06:40 AM
Hi! We are Choate Machine & Tool. We are the OEM manufacturer for Kahr Arms M1 Carbine side folding stocks. We are making an adj LOP pistol grip stock for the M1 Carbine. It has an M4 telescoping stock attached to our modified pistol grip stock. We will have a forum section on this site in the near future.

Pics can be seen at CHOATE Machine & Tool, Inc. - Makers of the Ultimate Varmint, Sniper & Tactical Stocks (http://www.riflestock.com)

Just type in M1 Carbine into the search area or part # 08-01-06. Price is $145.00 + shipping.

Thanks,

Bryon Miller
Sales Manager
Choate Machine & Tool
800-972-6390
CHOATE Machine & Tool, Inc. - Makers of the Ultimate Varmint, Sniper & Tactical Stocks (http://www.riflestock.com)

Rscout6945
03-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Do you have some better pics? The ones on the website seem to be taken from a mile away.

ChoateMachineTool
03-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't have a pic yet of the M1 Carbine with our new M4 telescoping stock. I will get a few pics in the next few days. Here are the Mini 14 and 10-22 in the same style stock.

Thanks....

Bawanna
03-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Looks to me like dreams really do come true. I see lots of possiblilities with those stock. Well done Choate!:third::cheer2::cheer2:

ChoateMachineTool
03-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Thanks!! We try our best!!!

Rscout6945
03-31-2010, 05:04 AM
It looks like just what I wanted.

Quick question, Is the pistol grip small enough for small hands? What I mean is "Is the distance between the trigger and the place on the pistol grip where the web of the thumb sits small enough that small hands can get a good grip on the pistol grip as a whole?

Thanks alot!!!

ChoateMachineTool
04-21-2010, 06:21 AM
Yes, we have met with great success with this stock. All of our pistol grip rifle stocks (and now the M4 telescoping) have a med size grip).

ChoateMachineTool
04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Here are some pics of the actual stock with a gun in it. That is a recoil pad it is balanced on for pics and not part of the stock......LOL. Remember, we make stocks, not great pictures...:19:

Rscout6945
05-02-2010, 01:45 AM
That is a thing of beauty!

Just what I had imagined. The pics a good enough for now, but maybe in the future a close up of the transition from the rear of the receiver to the start of the tube.

ChoateMachineTool
05-18-2010, 10:40 AM
The grip is small. It is the same as our PG stocks. I will get a pic of the transition from the housing to the stock shortly.

Rscout6945
05-24-2010, 02:07 AM
Great, can't wait. BTW, can you give OAL short and long. Thanks

ChoateMachineTool
05-24-2010, 08:22 AM
LOP is 13.5-16.5 inches