PDA

View Full Version : Authorities charge gun owner with brandishing…his finger

aray
12-07-2010, 03:30 PM
First New Jersey, now Virginia. This was posted on one of the VA gun forums: Authorities charge gun owner with brandishing?his finger - National gun rights | Examiner.com (http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/authorities-charge-gun-owner-with-brandishing-his-finger)

aray
12-07-2010, 03:44 PM
I should have included this link too. This is the original open carry forum link from Virginia: ** Legal Defense fund for Skidmark ** (http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?83848-**-Legal-Defense-fund-for-Skidmark)-**

Seahawk60
12-10-2010, 10:34 PM
"Now, Skidmark was openly wearing his Rohrbaugh 9mm at the time, but never made any reference to it during the course of these events."

That tiny thing? IWB or stick it in yer freakin' pocket. And, "Skidmark" should have just shown his damned license. Was it really that hard? :rolleyes:

Slave
12-14-2010, 06:20 PM
And, "Skidmark" should have just shown his damned license. Was it really that hard? :rolleyes:

Yes. It is that hard. Why does this man have to lay his rights down for some prick deputy who is on a power trip.

If this story is accurate, he had done nothing wrong.

They should be charged with harassment and abuse of power.

You lay your rights down once, they expect it twice.

Right is right, and a A Hole with a badge is subject to the same laws he is.

Bawanna
12-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Your actually both correct. We don't know the intimate details of this event but had he cooperated just a bit more and let the no doubt rent a cop security dude puff up a bit and do his thing it may have just ended up a inconvenience that would tick anyone off but not go any further.
By questioning his authority and by extension his manhood he caused the security guy to seek out something to cause this poor guy grief.
True he was wronged without question, the security guy was in the wrong but hes still paying the price.

This doesn't mean to imply roll over and play dead everytime your told to do something but if you can squeeze in a little bit of nice and a little bit of cooperation rather than waving your pocket copy of the federalist papers things quite often go a whole lot smoother.

I have a guy I went to school with that loves to torment law enforcement anyway he can. He'll go out of his way to test em. So far they haven't pushed and they usually just walk away, I think they know his type but his time will come and they will have something on him and the fun will end.

garyb
12-15-2010, 07:21 AM
To me it sounded like egos were getting in the way. A little cooperation and honey goes a long way. Whenever possible, "Wage peace"!

earle8888
12-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Being RIGHT is not always enough, sometimes wisdom is required.