PDA

View Full Version : T9 grip screws

Chuck54
12-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Does anybody else have problems with the grip screws backing out while on the range? The screw on the lower right side seems to losen up first. I lost one and replaced it but they still seem to shoot lose. Tried a tiny bit of blue loctite it helps a little ....... I guess I could use more.

Bawanna
12-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Go to the auto parts store and get ya some rubber orings the size of them screws. I get the really thin ones. Then just tighten down snug, not super tight and that seems to work good. Sometimes you only get one or two grip removals as they tear or just get abused but they are cheap.
Para and a few others put them orings on the grip screws from the factory, they actually are pretty much required as the screw holes are not the tightest and the oring fills the gap.

jocko
12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
bawanna is right. I used to have the wood grips on my K9 but I went back to my original rubber grips for the screws never worked loose. The rubber grip itself worked like an "O" ring.

You have to be darn sure the right side grips screws are tight and not loose or the trigger bar will work out just enough to cause light strikes..

also it doesn't bother me to have to agree with Bawanna, for it just tears him up when he has to say something like "jocko is right"..

Chuck54
12-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Thanks

I'll be trying the O-Rings

Warhammer
12-09-2010, 07:45 PM
You could also use just a dab of purple (low strength) Loctite. I converted to stainless teel hex screws for the wood grips on my K40, so I don't have to worry about buggering up the screws or grips with a flathead screwdriver.

gpo1956
12-10-2010, 06:05 AM
Put a dab of whiteout on them and they'll stay.

bigbob68
04-16-2011, 05:43 PM
I swapped out the factory screws for a set of torx/1911 set from Ed Brown or Wilson. Really makes it look good. I wish Hogue made some rubber grips like they do for the K series.

RUT
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
>>I swapped out the factory screws for a set of torx/1911 set from Ed Brown or Wilson<<

I did the same.... got them from Brownell's. They look better and stay put. (I did use a touch of blue locktite as well)