PDA

View Full Version : P380 Magazine not dropping free

empfgd
12-11-2010, 08:00 AM
I bought a P380 2 months ago and have noticed that the magazine never drops free when I press the release (happens with both magazines the gun came with). I was never worried about it while breaking the gun in because I hoped it would loosen up during the first couple hundred rounds but I am 250-300 rounds in and it still only drops about a half an inch or so and I have to pull it out the rest of the way.

I have an MK9 and the magazine shoots out when I push the release so I am wondering why the P380 doesn't do the same. I am confused because I know with the removable grips on the MK9 the screws can be too tight and cause the magazine to hang up, but the P380 is a solid handle so it can't be screws are too tight.

This isn't a big problem, just curious if this is just part of the P380 design or if I can do something to help the magazine drop free.

By the way, I prepped the gun using the proper prep steps on this forum and so far have had only 1 stove pipe (about 50 rounds in) and no other issues at all - great job on the prep list.

I love this gun and carry it every day of the week, the only problem is I feel a bit guilty that my MK9 stays at home now because the P380 is so much easier to drop in my pocket and go.

Thanks,
Eric

Mits3kgt88
12-11-2010, 10:48 AM
There are some threads on KahrTalk about taking some fine sand paper and lightly sanding the magazine well inside the grip to remedy this issue. The magazine is hanging up inside of the well. Do a little at a time, it may not take much since you're able to drop it free a half inch.

I hope this solves your problem.

hanick
12-17-2010, 03:40 PM
I had a magazine that dropped perfectly, until I dropped it and then it hung up. Strange. Ultimately I removed the bottom plate and slide it back on and it has worked perfectly ever since.
I think it gets slightly twisted or contorted in the base and needs to be re set.
H

jocko
12-17-2010, 04:47 PM
before I wold sand anythinginside that grip, which you cannot ever replace if you over due it etc. try polishing the outside of the magazine with some auto past was etc and giving it a shot that way. some have had success with it.

at the worst call kahr and ask them if you send the magazines back will they send you two new ones to try. If you definitely have to have the magazines to drop then keep working at it . Never really bothered me one way or the other. Some differ of course..

No where in kahrs manual does it state the magazines are supposed to drop free either..