PDA

View Full Version : Over 500 rounds through my PM9

Replay13
12-17-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone just a quick range report,

Actually closer to 600 rounds and its still running 100 % with brass case ammo! 100 rounds of that was was Hornady 115 gr XTP Reloads, they feed as good as everything else I have tried. The other 500 was with cheap ammo... PMC, Fedral, Remington UMC. Also on the plus side the sights are as close as they could get, no complaints of any kind.

With the small size of the PM9 the 380 Sig will get retired as a summer dress carry piece. Well the wife likes that one... lol.

James (Replay13)

jocko
12-17-2010, 07:18 PM
I would expect no less of a report either. Kahrs are just that good. I can attest to that with over 30,000 through my PM9 and it runs better now than day one even..

My P380 after one trip back to kahr is running like a top to, super nice little gun, just a shame I never carry it anymore...

Replay13
12-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Thats always good to hear Jocko. I see you like to shoot a lot too! I always wanted a 9mm so I could afford to shoot a lot and not have to reload, then after looking around and not finding any carry ammo local I went ahead and bought dies, lol. The only other pistols that I have owned that I shot 30k rounds through would have been a couple of the old Ruger flattops, one in .357 mag and one in .44 mag. I would mold bullets and reload all evening/night and shoot all day! I went through a few twenty pound bars of Linotype and a bunch of 2400 in the period. That stuff was hard enough to shoot full power Elmer Keith loads with when using a good bullet lube.
Anyways I love the little Kahr and its good to hear that it will go the distance if I want to shoot a lot.
James (Replay13)

gb6491
12-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the report James:) I have a little mouse gun myself (KT P32): surprisingly it's been one of the most reliable handguns I've ever used and my wife bought it for me to boot.
Regards,
Greg