PDA

View Full Version : CW9 c Add pics and details

southx
12-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Took a little longer than expected but here is some requested info on the conversion.
First I used a dremel tool with a fiber cutting wheel as they wear but don't shatter which could mar the grip frame.
Measure measure and measure again use masking tape to lay out the line for the cut on both sides of the grip.
Cut the front strap to the back wall of the mag well leaving extra to be sanded or filed to fit.
Install plastic floorplate on PM9 mag.
I used a paint stir paddle with sand paper glued to it for the sanding and shaping.
Sand a little and insert mag. Continue until mag will lock in place.
Sand until there is a fine line of the SS visible between the Grip frame and the floorplate.
You may need to relieve the back of the floorplate to insure there is NO binding when inserting the mag.
Now you can shorten the backstrap and shape (round) the edges.
The Polymer frame sands easily so sand a little and check often.
My final count of the rows of nubs is:
FS- 10.5-11
BS- 16
Hope this helps for those of you interested in the conversion.
250+ rounds since conversion and still happy.
:D

yqtszhj
12-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Thanks for that info and the PICS. I like the way that it leaves part of the back of the grip for when the mag is inserted. It looks like it would give a little more of a grip surface. This is tempting. It's kina of like the S&W compact

jshull
12-22-2010, 06:57 AM
Wow that looks great!!!!! That tAkes real balls to go after a brand new pistol. How does it shoot??? Any regret???

JLeephoto
12-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Wow, great job. I couldn't cut a straight line if my life depended on it. My grip would just get shorter and shorter.

southx
12-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks all. It does shoot great nd in a SxS there is less muzzle flip than a PM9. After installing the laser I can get 14 rounds semi rapid fire into 2" at 10 yds.
As far as the cut, Dont cut close and file or sand slowly.

Merry Christmas to all