PDA

View Full Version : CW9 Recoil spring

10Kahrs
12-21-2010, 06:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used a wolf xtra power K9 spring in a CW9 and if there were any problems? thanks

jocko
12-22-2010, 05:17 AM
not sure I would do that. If it was a feasable thing to do I am sure wolffs would ahve a CW9 spring available for it. So far they have not addressed the CW9's for reason i kow not why. If you need new springs for hte CW9 buest get them form Kahr and be right...

They look close though but as you know that only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...

jshull
12-22-2010, 06:53 AM
I had thought pretty hard about it but in the end I really wanted a reliable carry pistol. I stuck with factory stuff for that very reason. But by all means they are cheap enough pick one up and try it. That is if it's not your edc.

10Kahrs
12-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with you there Jacko and they were my thoughts too. Not sure why wolff does not make springs yet for the CW9. I was interested in the xtra power spring just to try it out otherwise no big deal it's working fine.

jocko
12-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with you there Jacko and they were my thoughts too. Not sure why wolff does not make springs yet for the CW9. I was interested in the xtra power spring just to try it out otherwise no big deal it's working fine.

will get around to making springs for the CW9, just takes some time and people requesting them. They are missing the sales boat in my opinion by not having them either.:target:

Bawanna
12-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Since they are pretty much the only game in town right now it's probably worth the wait.
I know we're in the same boat with the PM45's.
I suspect Wolffe will be out with this stuff soon, least wise I hope so.
Since Kahr uses Wolffe springs, and we can get them from Kahr I'm also wondering if it's marketing or they haven't caught up with kahrs needs yet?
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

jocko
12-22-2010, 10:23 AM
If one will just bug wolffs in their contact area on their webb sight, it will get results. I can remember when KT came out with the 380. It took a good 3 years for them to get off their a-s and finally get them out. But I know members kept bugging them to, every little bit helps.

Hope your doing better Bawanna. If I was close I would pick u up on my harley and we could ride for a MILK SHAKE. U know how I love them??

Rio Lobo
02-02-2011, 09:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone has used a wolf xtra power K9 spring in a CW9 and if there were any problems? thanks

What is your reason for wanting to change to a stronger recoil spring?

Unless the factory recoil spring is not handling hot loads reliably, I think you would be wise to stay with Kahr recoil springs until Wolff decides to develop suitable alternatives.

ripley16
02-03-2011, 05:18 AM

Not the CW9, but, yes, my P9 has a Wolff 22# recoil spring. The K9, CW9 and P9 are all the same spring.

I upgraded to the heavy spring because I shoot mostly hotter ammo or +P through the P9. There have been no problems other than it's harder to rack the slide. I just eat my Wheaties before going to the range. :D

jocko
02-03-2011, 06:42 AM
ripley. I had asked kahr that qustion awhile back and they told me the K9,cw9 and P9 are all different recoil springs. I would think if what your saying is truek, then wolffs would show springs for the dcw9 and P9 which they do not.

I would think though that as close to the sizes of these 3 guns are that possably their sprngs might interchange, even though they are not actually correct ..

ripley16
02-03-2011, 07:15 AM
I just pulled my Wolff 22# spring from my P9 and my Kahr spring from my K9 to compare. They are indeed interchangeable. Let me put it this way... Wolff sells the same spring for the K9, P9 and CW9. Whether Kahr does or not, I don't know. I buy springs from both and I can't tell a bit of difference between them. They measure the same and look the same and they both operate the same.

If you want a new Wolff spring for your CW9, you can order the spring listed for the K9 without pause or hesitation.