PDA

View Full Version : What style holster you find the most comfy IWB for PM/MK series?

DasFriek
12-21-2010, 07:47 PM
I bought my MK9 as a bug and a barely used main weapon when i don't have time to holster up a 1911.
But since ive been absurdly bored ive thought about making an IWB holster for my MK9 that can be worn appendix and at 3:30, I can find a way to adjust the cant if your favorite holster can only do one of those.

I mainly use leather but can buy kydex easy enough.
I do know it needs to be thin as possible tho.

ATM im leaning towards a SuperTuck style with all leather and adjustable leather straps for cant.
I like the flat back panel for comfort but it tends to make for a wider holster and a little harder to use for appendix carry.

So if you have any pics of holster you prefer for these two IWB positions pls post them. BTW this is ONLY for my own use, Im not making these for anyone else so if you made one yourself don't worry about seeing it all over the net tomorrow for sale.

I know how hard the work can be in designing a good holster and all the hours in assembling it and i dont have a clue on how holster makers who make modest priced ones stay in business unless they work 24/7 with peanuts in return.

joshh
12-22-2010, 10:16 AM
i think the pm9 can can be carried damn near anyhow comfortably. iwb is probably most practical but in the right pair of jeans (with a holster) back pocket carry is comfortable. ive even been carrying front pocket on my weak side (because i prefer my wallet & pocket knife in front strong side). if your gonna build a holster i'd build a minituck style and a pocket holster. i bought the materials to make a hybrid pocket holster myself but i havent had the time.

LLDJR
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
I just received my DM Bullard IWB Tuckable holster, I bought the in stock holster for my PM9,,,, I immediately put my PM9 in it and took off all day to the mall, shopping etc. I love it and his quality is unsurpassed.

I also use a Belly Band as well

http://www.mcssl.com/TinyMCE/thumbnail.ashx?src=%2fcontent%2f172963%2fMoore_Mak er_%2fIWB%2fIWB_Kahr_K.JPG&size=250