PDA

View Full Version : One month old PM40

Slynchee
12-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I bought my PM40 on 11/23/10. I am someone that likes to shoot. Today I put another 100 rounds through her. I have 900 rounds through her in one month time. This is a great gun. I had problems at first, but I worked the bugs out. Now, no problems. I would highly recommend this gun to anyone. Also, I do not use a holster......................YIKES, I know, I know. But, I have a system that works for me. I use a CLIPDRAW and a ZACK Holster combo with AGRIP. Great combo and very comfy. Happy shooting.

kramm
12-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Always glag to hear about a happy shooter. As far as your carry system go'es, if your happy with it and it works for you, thats all that matters.
Merry Christmas!

jocko
12-24-2010, 07:04 PM
I bought my PM40 on 11/23/10. I am someone that likes to shoot. Today I put another 100 rounds through her. I have 900 rounds through her in one month time. This is a great gun. I had problems at first, but I worked the bugs out. Now, no problems. I would highly recommend this gun to anyone. Also, I do not use a holster......................YIKES, I know, I know. But, I have a system that works for me. I use a CLIPDRAW and a ZACK Holster combo with AGRIP. Great combo and very comfy. Happy shooting.

we kinda followed your trials and tribulations. Youseemed to have a good knowledge so that helped alot. Hopefully some of the guys here were of good assitance to.

Slynchee
12-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Thanks Jocko. In the begining I was getting frustrated with the gun. But, the bugs were worked out and I am pushing this gun to everyone. It is very easy and comfy to carry. This forum was and is very helpful with the problems. I figured I would be chastised for my carry method, but it works for me. I always like to hear other peoples point of view on carry options and shooting. I always have an open mind, because I know that I do not know it all. I hope everyone has a great CHRISTMAS.....

jocko
12-24-2010, 11:40 PM
u do what you feel is comfortable for SLYNCHEE. we can give opinions but as you know opinions are like a--holes. we all have one!! have a greatr CHRIST-MASS..

Ognimalf
01-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Slynchee: How is the recoil out the PM40? What is your choice of carry ammunition? If you have any pictures of your set-up please share.

Slynchee
01-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Ognimalf, I do not think the recoil is bad at all. You have to hold it tight, and I have the AGRIP on it. I can and have shot 200+ rounds at one time without a problem. I chose the PM40 over the PM9 because of duty requirements. I carry Winchester Ranger Rounds in it, but I have shot other ammo through it.

garyb
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I agree with you Slynchee. I sincerely feel that the PM40 is a real pleasure to shoot. It is accurate and recoil is minimal...what you'd expect of a 40. Of course it does not feel like a 22, 25,32, 380, 38 or 9. It's a 40 and feels like a 40. Everyone that shoots a PM40 expects it to feel snarly because of it's size. They are pleasantly surprised when they shoot it. My son-in-law shot mine better than he did his full size XD. He was sincerely very impressed with the minimal recoil and changed his mind about getting a pocket gun in a 380 or a 9 when you can get one in a 40. I got the same feedback from a buddy who shot a 40cal Glock. They were both very used to their triggers and instantly adjusted to the DAO trigger on my PM40. The Kahr PM40 is simply a nice, well made, fun gun to shoot accurately...AND the capability of a 40cal can never be questioned.