PDA

View Full Version : Santas gift to me...CT laser

medezyner
12-29-2010, 05:52 AM
These 60 hour weeks have been keeping me away from the forum, so for all my hard work I decided on a Christmas gift to myself. As if we need an excuse to buy gun stuff! Was considering Big Dot sights but went with CT laser. What a package...Crimson Trace did it right. Easy to install and right out of the box the laser aligned with the fixed sights. A little range time this weekend to tweek the windage and I'll be good to go. The only bummer is a small collection of non-CT holsters. Relieved some of the stitching on the DeSantis pocket holster and the laser fit perfect.
I wonder if I can replace the kydex on my Crossbreed mini tuck? Anyone ever look into this?

jocko
12-29-2010, 06:06 AM
glad to have you back with us. 60 hour weeks are 60 hours to long for this ol fella. give us a nice report back. We like to hear pro's and con's to.

garyb
12-29-2010, 06:15 AM
You are gonna love that CTL once you get used to seeing your iron sights with a red dot on them. It will show you just how far off you might be with the iron sights. Great dry fire training tool too. It shows you where your bullet hit when you squeezed the trigger. Great for indoors, low light conditions or in the dark. Good luck with it.

earle8888
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Yep if U use the sights! U can just put the dot on AND bang, any position with both eyes open and FULL VISION. Ditto the dry fire practice.

joshh
12-29-2010, 10:50 AM
hows the weight & feel with the laser? i want one but havent pull the trigger because i dont wanna spend that much on a ct and then not like it. havent been able to handle one and feedback from people say it has its pro's & cons.

medezyner
12-29-2010, 11:50 AM
hows the weight & feel with the laser? i want one but havent pull the trigger because i dont wanna spend that much on a ct and then not like it. havent been able to handle one and feedback from people say it has its pro's & cons.

Since the laser assembly eats up a little grip real estate, I like using the pearce grip extension to make up for it. I installed one on my kel-tec P3AT with great results in accuracy and quick to get on-target. I was really impressed at the range. Personally, I like the way they work for me with small guns. The eyes arent what they used to be and the laser really performs well when you have a small sight radius.
The small amount of bulk from the laser doesnt bother me either. I cant tell much difference in the pocket. FYI: NightVisionSales.com has them for $165. +S/H, and maybe you can do even better.

dwordinger@netzero.net
12-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Josh, my PM45 is a bit heavier and larger than a .40, 9mm, or a .380, but I don't notice the difference in weight or the minuscule difference in the grip. I say go for it.

Kingcreek
12-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Crossbreed will remake your minituck with a new kydex piece for the CTL for a modest cost. I would be interested in purchasing your old kydex piece from you if you want to part with it. I seem to have aquired another Kahr and now have one laser with holsters and one plain that needs holsters. I have the minituck for my PM9- great holster.

garyb
12-31-2010, 09:08 AM
I have not found any negatives with the CTL. Most negatives I've read are from folks that don't have one. You won't be able to feel any real difference with or without it on the gun. Grip extensions help either way (with or without CTL). It is less than 1 ounce of additional weight. Size is tiny and does not interfere in any way. However, you will need a holster that will carry the CTL. It is sincerely a Great tool.

medezyner
12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Crossbreed will remake your minituck with a new kydex piece for the CTL for a modest cost. I would be interested in purchasing your old kydex piece from you if you want to part with it. I seem to have aquired another Kahr and now have one laser with holsters and one plain that needs holsters. I have the minituck for my PM9- great holster.

Kingcreek, no charge, you can have the the non laser kydex after I change it out with the new one. Just pm me your address and I'll drop it in the mail. I sent you a PM.

garyb
01-01-2011, 07:17 AM
Contact Crimson Trace on line and ask for their free DVD. Good material to review. Good product. Free batteries for life. It does not eat up batteries either and I use mine ALOT for dry fire practice (everyday).

joshh
01-01-2011, 11:54 AM
i put on the pearce grip extension few months ago and really like it. i think im gonna gonna buy the laser. probably wait til spring.