PDA

View Full Version : Does the PM9 really need night sights??

border bandit32
11-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Help me decide??, do you think the PM9 needs night sights???
I am asking because I really like the regular Kahr sights that came on the gun

Has anybody changes the sights and wished they hadn't??:confused:

jocko
11-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I have the xs bitg dot on my PM9 and love um. All night sights are nice, needed, probably not but nice. the big dots are realy nice for they are a very close up front personal sight and when u pull that sucker out, all you should really see is that big dot up front and ur target.

If you buy any for your PM9 have a smitty install them or send the slide to kahr and let them do it. They are really har dto get out without a good sight pusher. Personally kahrs has most of the sights needed for the PM9, I would let them do it, might cost you $25 more in the long run but you can just ship the slide to them regular mail to for about $6 bucks.

Good luck with your decision.

Kahrdog
11-02-2009, 04:45 PM
I have a black PM9 with Mepro night sights. I bought it off the shelf, and that's the way it came. I like them. It makes a big difference in dim situations. In daylight it looks like 3 white dots. If I ordered the gun the way I wanted, or ordered the sights after market, I think I might go for the Big Dot. They sound better for fast sight acquisition, and that is the PM9's mission. IMHO. I won't ditch my night sights for them, but if I was starting from scratch, that is the way I'd go. :)

Kahrdog

Dietrich
11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
BB,I`m asking myself the same question.I like the Kahr original sights as you do and I find myself asking if I really need to change them or is it because everybody else seems to have night sights.Seeing as I`m having trouble making up my mind,I`ll probably choose to do nothing.My best advice is to follow your own best guess.If Zena tries to give you any advice,don`t pay any attention to her.She`s just average,you know.

jocko
11-02-2009, 05:14 PM
I have a black PM9 with Mepro night sights. I bought it off the shelf, and that's the way it came. I like them. It makes a big difference in dim situations. In daylight it looks like 3 white dots. If I ordered the gun the way I wanted, or ordered the sights after market, I think I might go for the Big Dot. They sound better for fast sight acquisition, and that is the PM9's mission. IMHO. I won't ditch my night sights for them, but if I was starting from scratch, that is the way I'd go. :)

Kahrdog

shoot better with the mepro night sights over the big dot night sightes.:7:

kpm9
11-02-2009, 05:31 PM
I like the dot over bar std sights. I've not changed mine.

packinaglock
11-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I am waiting for my XS Big Dot's as I type, I ordered them last week from kahr shop.com

zena
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
BB,I`m asking myself the same question.I like the Kahr original sights as you do and I find myself asking if I really need to change them or is it because everybody else seems to have night sights.Seeing as I`m having trouble making up my mind,I`ll probably choose to do nothing.My best advice is to follow your own best guess.If Zena tries to give you any advice,don`t pay any attention to her.She`s just average,you know.

My PM9 came with the night sights and I love them. Easy to see daytime and great as a night light beside my bed at night. Besides average, I am a little twisted, so take this with a grain of salt. But not from Dietrich's nude beach. :2eek:

triggerman357
11-04-2009, 08:40 PM
The Mepro's that came on my PM9 are excellent sights. They are even better the Novaks on my 1911.

depicts
11-04-2009, 09:14 PM
I got my first Kahr, a PM9 last month. It has the Kahr night sights, and I think they are great. After years of carrying J frame S&W's, I picked up the Kahr and the sight aquisition was so quick and clear it was like having young eyes all over again.

Get the night sights. If you ever need your gun, odds say 60% chance you will need it in dark or poorly lit situations.

border bandit32
11-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Ok, I think I'll send in my slide and have Kahr install a set of Meps on it, I have the yellow/green meps on my Glocks they are a huge improvement over standard Glock sights.

Plus, when I travel, I like to have my gun out on the hotel room night stand with the sights glowing so I can see it....in the dark

thanks for everyones opinions!!:)