PDA

View Full Version : New Ruger LC9 9mm

Just One Shot
01-03-2011, 02:07 PM
I wonder how long it will be before someone post a pic of one of these beside their PM9?

http://www.downrange...mm-pistol/7966/ (http://www.downrange.tv/blog/ruger-introduces-lc9-lightweight-compact-9mm-pistol/7966/)

Shipping begins Feb.1 2011

MSRP $443.00

joshh
01-03-2011, 03:44 PM
looks pretty good. not quite as small as pm9 but close & i bet its a rugged pistol. list is only $440 so i bet dealers will be selling for around $400 and has all the safety requirements for MA & CA. bet it'll be a hot seller for sure. competition is a good thing

kpm9
01-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I won't be jumping ship from the tried and true PM9 to this.

jocko
01-03-2011, 04:10 PM
kpm9 totally agree. It is probably a very nice gun but if one doesn't mind speindinng some more bucks the kahrs are worht it. I never compare prices to gun. One has to have um both in front of him to get a comparision.. It sure would have been nice had they made that lc9 with a stainless slide, being this is a very pocketable gun and blue will not wear like stainless.so whatif it was $50 bucks more . It would have certainly been a selling feature.coursemaybe down the raod we willsee a lc9s available.... The front sight dovetailed seems more complicated than just a standard slide in dovetail. Hope this does not hinder good after makret night sights for it.....I wish Ruger would have jacked the msrp up another $20 bucks and included a spare magazine for the gun. Course asyou well know ruger did not ask me either.....

DriveMyKahr
01-03-2011, 05:12 PM
From the Ruger website posted on 3 Jan 11.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/models.html

I'm with kpm9. I won't be trading my PM9 for a Ruger LC9 or the new Sig P290 anytime soon.

Besides, neither of those models have gone through extensive Beta (customer) field testing. The PM9 has a high reliability track record and years of fine-tuning not to mention excellent customer care/tech support from Kahr.

Glad I spent the extra bucks.

yqtszhj
01-03-2011, 05:31 PM
I have read somewhere, on here I believe, that the new PM9 models are different from the ones a few years ago (weight, length, or something.) But I'm thinking the PM9 is still 1/2 inch smaller in height and length that this new ruger. Can anyone set me straight on the newer PM9 models?

Bawanna
01-03-2011, 05:41 PM
The new PM9's have just a nano longer slide. This does require a different spring and guide rod which muddy's the waters some but the difference in length is very minimal. John said what it was officially, I don't remember exactly like .1 or .10 or something, not much.

JohnR
01-03-2011, 05:57 PM
I've been waiting to see if this new Ruger would be an LC9, and I'm glad it is. The only thing that's keeping me from abandoning my goal of buying a Kahr is that the LC9 has a manual safety. Otherwise I'd be all over it.

yqtszhj
01-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks. That's what I couldn't remember. Let me rephrase that, one of the many things I cant remember.

jscottbaird
01-03-2011, 06:23 PM
9 mm vs. .45? Kahr trumps... Period...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cakTqAwG044/TSJ1LnKq6NI/AAAAAAAAAJc/saYhREjbqmk/s800/cw45vslc9.jpg

Heheehee...

Scott

kahrseye
01-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Obviously, I won't be abandoning my PM9 or MK9 anytime soon. The Ruger looks like it's top heavy.....but again I haven't held it. At least it has decent sights. If the LCP is any indication, the LC9 will be a big seller for them. I think if buyers really compare the LC9 to the PM9, the only reason they'd buy the LC9 would be cost.

kahrseye
01-03-2011, 07:18 PM
9 mm vs. .45? Kahr trumps... Period...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_cakTqAwG044/TSJ1LnKq6NI/AAAAAAAAAJc/saYhREjbqmk/s800/cw45vslc9.jpg

Heheehee...

Scott

I'd like to see this comparison with a PM45....any chance of that? :typing:

Bawanna
01-03-2011, 07:22 PM
I'd like to see this comparison with a PM45....any chance of that? :typing:

Send him a 12 pack and he can compare it to your bird dogs 2nd cousin. A 24 pack and you can pick your own answers.

kahrseye
01-03-2011, 07:25 PM
You're in rare form tonight Bawanna.

jscottbaird
01-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Send him a 12 pack and he can compare it to your bird dogs 2nd cousin. A 24 pack and you can pick your own answers.

Do they still make 24 packs? LOL... All the beer in the world couldn't make me change a conclusion! I will do some other comparos soon... Busy busy!

have Fun!!!
Scott

dusty10
01-03-2011, 07:54 PM
12 pack on the way to fedex presently. Can we get a pic with the colored lines and arrows bore axis comparison? I can't photoshop to save my life. :D

Bawanna
01-03-2011, 07:57 PM
I think jscott edited his post o something. He made reference to sending him a 12 pack since he had all these numbers but a shortage of beer. Now I can't seem to find it and it really makes me look rude and dumb.

I guess I should clarify and say ruder and dumber

It's a good comparison no matter how rude or dumb I am.

JohnR
01-03-2011, 07:58 PM
I think I have the same datapoints for the K9. Identical in size, different geometry. Something about that trigger guard tells me the LC9 has a loooooooooooong trigger pull.

CS534
01-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Hmm..I'm in the market for a pm9... I have an LCP and its a great gun. I like the front pocket carry which is why I am looking at the PM9. The LC9 looks about the size of a PF9. Should I wait? or just get a PM9

Looks to be a lil bit too big.. I'm surprised they couldn't make it a bit smaller like a rohrbaugh. If its anything like the LCP we won't see one of these til summertime. I remember when the LCP first came out and they said it would be shipped in March 08. I checked gun shops all over for months and months. It wasn't until august that I first saw/held one...it was the one I had ordered.

jscottbaird
01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
I think I have the same datapoints for the K9. Identical in size, different geometry. Something about that trigger guard tells me the LC9 has a loooooooooooong trigger pull.

Nice work John!!! It's relatively easy once you get the hang of making the scale 1 pixel to 1/100th of an inch.... then you can crop an image tight, then transform the image size to however many pixels it is ... i.e 5.85 inches means transform to 585 pixels wide and voila!

Cheerio chaps, since I'm out of beerio! I'll be looking for fexed in the morning... That's the corner of High and Highland streets, Laconia NH....

Scott

O'Dell
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Hmm..I'm in the market for a pm9... I have an LCP and its a great gun. I like the front pocket carry which is why I am looking at the PM9. The LC9 looks about the size of a PF9. Should I wait? or just get a PM9

Looks to be a lil bit too big.. I'm surprised they couldn't make it a bit smaller like a rohrbaugh. If its anything like the LCP we won't see one of these til summertime. I remember when the LCP first came out and they said it would be shipped in March 08. I checked gun shops all over for months and months. It wasn't until august that I first saw/held one...it was the one I had ordered.

I don't see it as competition for the PM9 - more so the CW9 or PF9. I've had both, and although I would prefer the Kahr over the Ruger, everything else being equal, I think I'd take the Ruger over the KT. My PF was ammo finicky, and wouldn't shoot WWB at all.

I've never even looked at a 380, but I got a LCP for Christmas. I have only shot 75 rounds, but so far so good. The biggest problem with the LCP is that it's making me lazy. It's much easier to drop the gun and pocket holster in a jacket or pants pocket than treading on a belt holster and carrying one of my 45's.

deuce
01-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Actually, I believe the new Ruger is larger than the PM9. This Ruger looks to be the size of my Taurus 740 and the PM9 is about a half in.smaller all the way around.

jocko
01-04-2011, 04:57 AM
it's pocketable, no doubt, the PM9 is still smaller and lighter kand certainly double the moneyt o buy it but there is a total quality difference to. You just not gonna make a striker fired stainless steel polygonal rifled barrel for $440. ruger has made a nice gun that will fit a nitch. I see it totally ending tyhe kel tec PF9 sales .It willdig into taurus also. more than anything for tht CS behind it.

This gun needs to be in the hands of the shooters to prove itself. Nodoubt the Ruger shooters willbe the most critical, for they sometimes expect far more than what theun can deliver. It has a loooong trigger pull certainly by design can never be as smooth as the kahrs are either. the lc9 is just so so similar in design that if you have an lcp 380 then you know exactly what I am talking about. For me needs to have 6 months trail before I can judge it. Even at that, it cannot replace my PM9. but sitting in a gun case and a PM9 at around 800 and a lc9 at around 400. it will sell. Now sit it next to the cw9 at about 4-450 and it IMO will reamin still on the shelf.. Competition breeds good things, so maybe this will get kahr going even more..

jocko
01-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Actually, I believe the new Ruger is larger than the PM9. This Ruger looks to be the size of my Taurus 740 and the PM9 is about a half in.smaller all the way around.

larger and heavier, not by much on either parts..Hold one more round also than a PM9 with standard flush mag.

dirksterg30
01-04-2011, 05:47 AM
I like idea (compact single-stack 9mm), but not the execution. A manual safety on a DAO pistol? A Hammer? I would bet the trigger pull is similar to the LCP, which is anything but desirable; my Kel-Tec P3AT has a better trigger than any of the LCPs I've looked at. At least they put decent sights on it, rather than the bumps found on the LCP.

I much prefer my striker-fired, no manual safety PM9.

CS534
01-04-2011, 06:02 AM
I think the new Sig 290 is the direct competitor for the Pm9. Almost the same dimensions and a sharp looking pistol. Anyone know when the 290 will make its appearance?

jocko
01-04-2011, 06:12 AM
I like idea (compact single-stack 9mm), but not the execution. A manual safety on a DAO pistol? A Hammer? I would bet the trigger pull is similar to the LCP, which is anything but desirable; my Kel-Tec P3AT has a better trigger than any of the LCPs I've looked at. At least they put decent sights on it, rather than the bumps found on the LCP.

I much prefer my striker-fired, no manual safety PM9.

think the trigger willbe identical to the lcp, sloppy and not smooth. the gun looks like a cloned lcp 380 just oversized in parts.

That is why I don'tthink it will harm kahrs line as much as like kel tec or Taurus, Ifyou don't like safety, or cocking indicator popping up in the middle of the slide, then kahr has no equal.

this is still a nice gun and if Ruger make sit , it willbe right or they willmake it right. It is priced extremely nice to. It will seel, it will be hot and there willbe more 9's coming out in the sub line..

jocko
01-04-2011, 06:18 AM
I think the new Sig 290 is the direct competitor for the Pm9. Almost the same dimensions and a sharp looking pistol. Anyone know when the 290 will make its appearance?

looks nice. although about 25% heavier than the PM9 it is the same size as the PM9. I like it better than the lc9. Nothing on the sig though to drive me away from my PM9. It is nice IMO to hav ethe best littlle sub 9 on themarket so that we can amke comparisions to when a new gun comes out like the sig 290 and the lc9. I do think it shows it is hard to make a hammer fired gun as light as a striker fired gun..

DasFriek
01-04-2011, 06:59 AM
I think a lot of people are comparing the gun to the wrong Kahrs, From other websites ive seen it compared size wise side by side with the CW9 as that would be Kahrs gun they market towards this crowd.
The PM/MK is a step above the LC9 size wise by almost an inch in length and height being shorter.
Which in that case it should fit right between the $300 Keltec PF9 and the $425 CW9 as i see the Ruger as a $350 gun.
BUT, If Sig does its P290 right they could steal customers away from Ruger.
If Ruger has its normal recall on new guns that could push people to the CW9 thats been time tested and reliable.

I thought about waiting on the Sig P290 before buying my MK9, As they are close in size.
But id rather not be a beta tester and i felt the Kahr was much better quality even over a Sig.

I think this is a good move by Ruger as the small micro 9mm market is about to boom with so many people getting CCW licenses and that don't trust .380's or told on forums not to trust them. Plus whats gonna separate the good guns from the not so good guns will be comfort while shooting. Packing a 9mm in a small gun will create issues like they had in the LCP and P3AT that cause pain while shooting for more than a few rounds.
Kahr still has the smallest 9mm and its also more comfortable to shoot than many larger 9mm's in the same category.

johnh
01-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Bleh....next gun I have to own. How ridiculous. :2rolleyes:

Even at that price point, it is soundly beaten by a CW9. I know, the CW is larger, but for most situations you can hide a CW plenty well for CCW use. If the Ruger is derived from an LCP, it will have a trigger pull that feels like dragging a hippo over gravel using your index finger and a string. Not to mention crummy ergonomics, and marginal accuracy. The CW is can be had for around $400. It would out shoot that Ruger all day long.

John

dirksterg30
01-04-2011, 07:23 AM

Even at that price point, it is soundly beaten by a CW9. I know, the CW is larger, but for most situations you can hide a CW plenty well for CCW use. If the Ruger is derived from an LCP, it will have a trigger pull that feels like dragging a hippo over gravel using your index finger and a string. Not to mention crummy ergonomics, and marginal accuracy. The CW is can be had for around $400. It would out shoot that Ruger all day long.

John

Not quite the proverbial "glass-rod breaking" trigger, is it?

JohnR
01-04-2011, 07:48 AM
My LCP had a good trigger, smooth enough and not gritty at all, just a long pull that was not really objectionable. The ergonomics were as good as you can get with a tiny mousegun. Recoil was more pleasant than my PF9.

The LC9 will undoubtedly be much superior to Kel Tec's 9mm offerings, but there will continue to be a market for Kel Tecs because of their significantly lower price point. LC9 at $443 vs. PF9 at $333, that's a major price difference to a lot of people.

jocko
01-04-2011, 08:56 AM

John

the cw9 is smaller and even lighter...

If the lc9 has the same interanl trugger structure as the lcp's do, it will have the same trigger feel, If it is based on the kt trigger system which the lcp was, then there is not alot one can do to help it either. I polisghed everything that moved on my kt's. Helped some but to me always felt like a dead trigger..Its gonna have a loooong trigger due to the hammer doing the work of firing the gun.

jocko
01-04-2011, 08:57 AM

John

the cw9 is smaller and even lighter...

If the lc9 has the same interanl trugger structure as the lcp's do, it will have the same trigger feel, If it is based on the kt trigger system which the lcp was, then there is not alot one can do to help it either. I polisghed everything that moved on my kt's. Helped some but to me always felt like a dead trigger..Its gonna have a loooong trigger due to the hammer doing the work of firing the gun. I doubt if you will see the lc9 on the NUYPD approved off duty carry either.

jocko
01-04-2011, 08:58 AM
My LCP had a good trigger, smooth enough and not gritty at all, just a long pull that was not really objectionable. The ergonomics were as good as you can get with a tiny mousegun. Recoil was more pleasant than my PF9.

The LC9 will undoubtedly be much superior to Kel Tec's 9mm offerings, but there will continue to be a market for Kel Tecs because of their significantly lower price point. LC9 at $443 vs. PF9 at $333, that's a major price difference to a lot of people.

outta shoot the P380 kahr-- wow, what a difference..

chp5
01-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Good on Ruger for listening to the market. I will be interested in one after a year or so after release - right after they get the bugs worked out!

JohnR
01-04-2011, 11:03 AM
It's interesting to me that many of the comments here on KahrTalk are more positive than the comments on the Ruger board. My sample was not very scientific, but the messages I saw there did not seem enthusiastic.

Yes, I know, we have more open minds on this forum. :behindsofa:
They're brutal over there. Half wanted a Ruger 1911 for some insane reason, half wanted the LC9, some wanted revolvers, you can't please everyone! And of course they whine about plastic.

Bawanna
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
It's interesting to me that many of the comments here on KahrTalk are more positive than the comments on the Ruger board. My sample was not very scientific, but the messages I saw there did not seem enthusiastic.

Yes, I know, we have more open minds on this forum. :behindsofa:

I like to think we're a cut above the rest. I think most of us here dont drink any one manufacturers kool aid either. We call em as we seem em be it Kahr or Ruger or whoever.
Sadly my mind is open on the bottom and most of the good stuff runs out. It's a curse I think.
Kind of sad that the poor new gun don't get enthusiasm on it's own board. How sad is that?

DasFriek
01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Even the discussion of the SR9 over at THR has turned into alot of biased bashing which isn't so common for them.
Most of it bashing Ruger for ripping off Kel-tec once again. I had to quit reading as i found it annoying after a while.

Im glad to see any new gun hit the market that is hopefully reliable and gives people a chance to carry a small 9mm rather than a puny .380 thats hard to control.

But Ruger best be doing this gun right or they will just push people towards the CW9 since the price point is close and the CW has a great trigger and well established as reliable.

oldjarhead
01-05-2011, 08:06 AM
For the last couple of years the pocket pistol has been the rage. More ccw holders than ever, are looking for small, light and effective firepower.
Ruger and Sig Sauer finally figured out what is really acceptable in a pocket pistol, a 9mm. That is why the Kahr pm9 has cleaned house on the pocket pistol market, in my opinion. The other gun companies were putting out under powered .380s about the size of the pm9. The public, I believe said to themselves, "Why should I get a .380, when I can get a Kahr pm9, that is just as light and small and has a more powerful cartridge?" Well it looks like Sig and Ruger want a piece of that market that is asking that question. I know, because when I was looking for a pocket pistol, the pm9 was the smallest, lightest, and had an acceptable caliber for primary care for me. Competition is good, but I plan to stick with my pm9.

kahrseye
01-05-2011, 09:40 AM
For the last couple of years the pocket pistol has been the rage. More ccw holders than ever, are looking for small, light and effective firepower.
Ruger and Sig Sauer finally figured out what is really acceptable in a pocket pistol, a 9mm. That is why the Kahr pm9 has cleaned house on the pocket pistol market, in my opinion. The other gun companies were putting out under powered .380s about the size of the pm9. The public, I believe said to themselves, "Why should I get a .380, when I can get a Kahr pm9, that is just as light and small and has a more powerful cartridge?" Well it looks like Sig and Ruger want a piece of that market that is asking that question. I know, because when I was looking for a pocket pistol, the pm9 was the smallest, lightest, and had an acceptable caliber for primary care for me. Competition is good, but I plan to stick with my pm9.

I started with Kel Tec PF9, couldn't stand shooting it. Sold it and decided Kel Tec P3AT would be easier to carry, but couldn't hit a thing with it either. Also, I was disappointed with the fit and finish of these weapons. Next I got an LCP, better quality but still didn't shoot it much better than the KT's. Then I saw a Sig P238 and I thought wow, better quality, fit, finish and it had sights I could actually use. I shot it pretty well. Since I wasn't used to a 1911 style, cocked and locked system I always felt a little uneasy about carrying it. Then I heard about the PM9, it was about the same size and weight as the P238, and it was a 9mm, no safety, with a DAO trigger. I sold the Sig and never looked back. I was very impressed with the quality of the PM9 but it was the trigger that sold me. I couldn't believe the difference between the PM9 and the other DAO triggers I had been using. Now I own 3 Kahrs (girlfriend owns the P380). I love these guns. :bump2:

jocko
01-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Even the discussion of the SR9 over at THR has turned into alot of biased bashing which isn't so common for them.
Most of it bashing Ruger for ripping off Kel-tec once again. I had to quit reading as i found it annoying after a while.

Im glad to see any new gun hit the market that is hopefully reliable and gives people a chance to carry a small 9mm rather than a puny .380 thats hard to control.

But Ruger best be doing this gun right or they will just push people towards the CW9 since the price point is close and the CW has a great trigger and well established as reliable.

The ktog fanbois are basing Ruger again now call this the little copied 9, If you have seen the PF9, can u say it has a loaded round indicator, a manual safety, a magazine disconnect, dovetailed novak type sights, internal lock , I think none are on the PF9 kt. The lc9 is heavier by over 25%, it is bigger even . I guess because it has a barrel and a trigger it is then a copy.

They really need to get over it and should consider any similarity's a compliment but they also know it just puts the PF9 further back on ones list of guns to have. The lc9 is going to take sales away from everyone. Ruger can produce in mass quanties, their CS is excellent, this price point of under $400 will be a seller. Heh, if you don't want to buy an lc9 which I am not as I love my PM9 but I sure in hell ain't gonna bash Ruger over it either.

jocko
01-05-2011, 09:44 AM

me if there is any gun right now that compares to the PM9 it is the sig 290, in about every detail and Sig makes great guns. Have no idea the price point either. but it compares no more, no less. have read no reports on it yet either, so the jury is out on the 290. But to me I like this gun but it is very hard to say bad things about the PM9, unless you are one of the unlucky ones who got a lemon..

O'Dell
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I started with Kel Tec PF9, couldn't stand shooting it. Sold it and decided Kel Tec P3AT would be easier to carry, but couldn't hit a thing with it either. Also, I was disappointed with the fit and finish of these weapons. Next I got an LCP, better quality but still didn't shoot it much better than the KT's. Then I saw a Sig P238 and I thought wow, better quality, fit, finish and it had sights I could actually use. I shot it pretty well. Since I wasn't used to a 1911 style, cocked and locked system I always felt a little uneasy about carrying it. Then I heard about the PM9, it was about the same size and weight as the P238, and it was a 9mm, no safety, with a DAO trigger. I sold the Sig and never looked back. I was very impressed with the quality of the PM9 but it was the trigger that sold me. I couldn't believe the difference between the PM9 and the other DAO triggers I had been using. Now I own 3 Kahrs (girlfriend owns the P380). I love these guns. :bump2:

I too started with a PF9. Besides being difficult to shoot well, mine was only reliable with ammo it liked, and that was not what I normally bought. I first went to the CW9 as a substitute, and later a PM45. The PF9 was gone rather rapidly after that. The PM45 is not that easy to pocket carry, but it can be done. After the CW was stolen, I had every intention of buying a PM9, even though I had moved on the 45's in everything else. That changed when I got a LCP for Christmas. I'm not crazy about the 380 round, but since it was a gift, I'm pretty well stuck with it for the time being. Maybe there's a PM9 in my future, but not right now.

jocko
01-06-2011, 12:35 PM
if u don't intend to pocket carry the PMN9, u got a perfect fit with the PM45. jsut stay with it, u have a pocketable 380 and the lcp is a goodgun to. It will go bang when needed. Nice gun, I can't hit jack sh-t with it but I never could when Ihad the kel tec either. No so with the P380 kahr, that is the most accurate little handgun I have ever owned. I outshoot my PM9 with it.

But I don't carry neither 380's anymore.. One went by by to my son and the other is still here..

Slave
01-06-2011, 04:12 PM
My wife is going to jump ship if Kahr can't make these PM9 mags drop free.

It sucks that they don't, and that we have to pay shipping on new mags, or to send the weapon back.

I mean, you press the mag button, you have to press it very hrd, move your hand over so the back side doesn't hit your finger, then the mag clicks, drops out maybe 1/4 of an inch.

Kahr is jiving us over the phone trying to stall us.

I bought my M&P, took it out of the box, and shot it.

No way we should have to do this many mods and prep for a more expensive pistol.

jocko
01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Make sure you buy here a good life vest!!! One of my Glock mags won't drop free. Nonein my PM9 ever dropped free. actually never bothered me either, ....

Ljutic
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
I was hoping that the announcement was going to be a mini single stack 9mm, but after seeing the specs I don't see any reason to get one. Other than the price and +1 magazine, the LC9 offers no advantage over the Rohrbaugh R9 or PM9. As a pocket carry only person, size matters more than any other specification. This one seems to be a bit too large for pocket carry.

I do still have my fingers crossed for a LCR 9mm in the future.

jocko
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
The lc9 is a nice gun, IMO pocketable but if one plunks down $400 and expects the quality and workmanship and all that goes with it, to be the same as kahrs, they have another think coming. I have a very goodidea of what the lc9 is going to be and if you have a lcp380 then just magnify that gun up to the lc9 size and you basicaly have how it is goibng to be made. Oh don't get me wrong, Ruger willmake this gun work right, just IMO don't come into this buy expecting a super duper smooth ass trigger system. I just don't think you gonna see that. It is also what it is a very close up personal defense gun that will save your life. I would like to compare the lc9 t the kahr PM9 as the rolex vs the tissot. both keep time , but one is a tank watch and ultra quality, the other is a nice time peace- and thats it.. Might not be a right comparison but I am also a watch person. with some savvy.

IMO u will never see a lcr 9mm from Ruger.. IMO about as practical as a wart on your a-s.

CS534
01-07-2011, 06:54 AM
FYI .. Gunblast.com has a review on the LC9 and a youtube video if anyone is interested. I read the reviews on Gunblast frequently and find that the authors are generally objective and fair.

burns
01-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Simple prediction: If it quickly gains a reputation for flawless reliability, it will do EXTREMELY well. If it starts out with an early history matching the LCP, it will still do well.

mr. bggs
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
i like the looks of that new kimber solo. it reminds me of the old colt pocket hammerless, when a "pocket gun" wanst so much small, as it was thin and rounded off to not snag. i dont need my grip to be shorter than my hand. i just want a flat gun that sits in my pocket or waistband without poking me and doesnt hang up on anything when i draw it. thats why i love my pm9. got a crossbreed minituck for it and its great. also have a desantis nemesis for it and it too is great, guess there isnt much that a kahr cant do.

TD2K
01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
Hubby's dealer price is $299. I think he's gonna order one to try out.

jocko
01-20-2011, 08:06 AM
i would think for sur ehe shoudl have one at that price.

johnh
01-20-2011, 09:17 AM
I still don't see the appeal. With the CW9 and now the CM9 priced in the $300-400 range, you get the proven Kahr platform in a gun that has most of the features of the higher priced models. Anyone who has run a CW knows that it rivals the P series for accuracy, despite the less expensive barrel. There is no way the Ruger will shoot as well. They will be basically Kel-tecs with different branding. The LCP is just that, and shoots no better than the Kel-tec it is derived from. It might be better made given it is a Ruger, but the features and function are the same. You get a gun with poor accuracy, a terrible trigger, and no sights. This Ruger 9mm will be little better.

John

deadhead1971
01-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Looks like an LCP with sights. I have a LCP. If the LC9 has a trigger like the LCP, then the Kahr wins.

jocko
01-20-2011, 10:11 AM
damn: John H. I am so glad u said that.If I said that it would sound like bashing kel tecs, which I have always stated it a gun that you definitely get what you pay for. I always love dit when kt owners said heh I can buy 3 kt's for the price of one kahr. Takes 3 kt's to make a kahr IMO.. One to shoot, one for parts, one at the factory for repair.

jocko
01-20-2011, 10:31 AM
jsut seen the release photo of the Smith and Wesson M & P 22. This is one cool looking semi and if u have a M & P 9 or 40, this gun is identical in feel and design, yet 22 cal. Nice move Smith. Need something out there to challenge the dominane of Ruger 22"s