PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for an IWB for CW45

MrToad
01-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Based on my relatively slim frame/build and practicing carrying around my CW45 iwb to determine a best fit for me, it's looking like a 4 o'clock carry for me for CCW. Any CW45 owners have any iwb holster recommendations / experiences for this pistol they'd care to share?

On an unrelated note, I put some Agrips on mine, and what a difference in feel and ease of use!:) Kind of like the difference between my old P230SL's stock grips and the Hogue grips I later put on...just a pleasure to hold and use.

CeltKnight
01-10-2011, 09:50 AM
I use Don Hume IWB for my Kahr. It's a PM40, slightly smaller than yours, but I also used one when I carried my K40 Covert which (I think) is a tad bigger .. Heavier, probably).

I have a clip-on model and a similar one with 2 snaped belt loops. They work really well and the belt clip one is one of the few IWB holsters I have that haven't been relegated to my box of dead holsters.

Dietrich
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Try a Crossbreed Supertuck.Ultra comfortable and concealable.I own 5 of them for different handguns.No complaints at all.A two week trial period and if you`re not happy,they`ll refund your money.Good people and great service.

OldLincoln
01-10-2011, 02:47 PM
I don't have a PM45 but my PM9 sure likes my Silent Thunder from Tucker Gunleather. It's a leather lined Kydex with a single belt clip. The sub-compacts seem to snuggle right in and you just slip it into your pants making it a grab and go operation.

I also have The Answer, also from Tucker which is a leather lined Kydex half shell attached to a leather panel similar to the Crossbreed Deitrich mentioned. It has 2 belt clips that I need for the extra weight of the Colt 45.

The Crossbreed is much cheaper than the Answer and a lot of folks like it. The main differences are the leather lining of Kydex and the Answer has a soft backing (suede?) on the main panel to be more comfortable. Also, the Crossbreed now has steel belt clips that are more durable than Kydex clips that can be broken when wrestling the holster on or off.

I admit I haven't worn mine enough to get the hang of putting it on. Since I carry all day I put it on before pulling my pants up and even marked the inside of my gun belt to get it in the right spot.

Both tucker holsters can be found at Tucker Gunleather (http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/index.html).

deuce
01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
I carry my CW45 in a desantis Tuck This II that I originally bought for a Sig P250. I sold the Sig and now use it for the Kahr. It fits very nicely and is easy to re-holster, something rare in a IWB holster.

ron61
01-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately, Tucker Gunleather is no longer an authorized agent for Garrett Industries products. This includes the Silent Thunder line of holsters. Silent Thunder holsters can now be bought direct from the manufacturer.

gkstemple
01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
My CW45 rides in either a Minotaur Neutral Cant (it's built for appendix carry, but I'm not) or an Infidel with the shirt tucker strut mounting option. The Infidel can also be had with a belt clip or with twin leather belt loops. Either of these hoslters carries comfortably for me at the 4 to 5 o'clock position. The all-kydex Infidel is easier for me on reholstering. Comp-tac's Minotaur line also includes the MTAC, built for behind-the-hip carry and the Spartan, a less expensive version of the MTAC. More info available at www.comp-tac.com
If I need deeper cover or need to carry a backup, I may use 511 Tactical's version of a holster tee -- it carries the CW45 with ease.

MrToad
01-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Thanks much for the information/suggestions! This will greatly help.

johnh
01-12-2011, 06:46 AM
The only holster I use is the Crossbreed Supertuck. There are other makers that copy the design, but Crossbreed makes them the best and has a lifetime warranty. I had a Comp-tac holster break the hook once under normal use. When I called them about it, they said it was my problem as the holster was just over their one year warranty. I think that says it all about their product line.

The Supertuck is also the most comfortable holster I have ever worn, with firearms of any size. I have them for all my platforms, and even the heaviest 1911 carries comfortably in a Supertuck.

John

MrToad
01-12-2011, 07:01 AM
It sounds like the Crossbreed Supertuck has a lot of nice positives. Added with the velcro clips and the accessory belt with velcro it may be a good match. Lifetime warranties are a big plus too.:)

Murph
01-14-2011, 12:35 PM
I have thin minimalist Kydex IWB holsters for both my PM9 and Glock 36 that I got through Grandfather Oak holsters. The holster for the PM9 was $35 and the one for the Glock was $45. I used to carry at 4 o'clock but now I appendix carry (which is way faster for my short arms) and these slender holsters present very little bulk. Hope this helps.

LousyShot
01-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I just placed an order for a Crossbreed Qwikclip in horsehide for my CW9, so I guess we'll see how that goes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if it doesn't work out I will probably exchange it for a Minituck.

I wish there was more info out there about the Qwikclip, but it seems that every conversation about Crossbreed ends up being about the Supertuck. I guess I will need to come up with a review after mine gets in...

iajtywu
04-26-2011, 10:28 AM
So now that it's been a while.. how are you liking the quickclip?

Willieboy
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I had a Comp-tac holster break the hook once under normal use. When I called them about it, they said it was my problem as the holster was just over their one year warranty. I think that says it all about their product line.

John

Wow, that's too bad. I broke the clip on two of Comp-Tac's Undercover Pro holsters and both times they sent me a new holster. This was years ago and they cautioned me against pulling the clip out over the belt when removing the holster. I followed their advice and have had no problems since. Now they have the Infidel model with the replaceable clip.

jdcjr
01-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Nate at UBG Holsters makes a great IWB holster for the CW45 at very reasonable prices.

dbyer1
01-19-2012, 03:13 PM
i had a comptact monitur i sold with my glock i have a milt sparks vm2 on order for my kahr p45 in horsehide cant wait till it gets here

MERCTECH
01-19-2012, 03:31 PM
I use a cb supertuck with my cw 45. Love it and Im on the fat side right now.

jeepster09
01-19-2012, 04:03 PM
This is what I will be using for my PM45. I love Northstar Holsters but I like these for a comfortable and quick clipon. All I have to do is mold it to fit my Kahr, Sam sent me directions on how to do it. This is his holster made for a Kel Tec PF9 which fitts PM9 perfect, being the 45 is thicker I had him leave it un molded which will allow me to make a perfect fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260937321134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

rnpollard
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=10356

If I can be of assistance just shoot me a PM or an email at Topsblades at Gmail.com

Take care,

Rick