PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good IWB holster

Bigtony
01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the kahr forum. I just got my first kahr it is a P40 covert which so far has been awesome to carry don't even know it's there. I am looking for a comfortable IWB holster. I have a Don Hume I picked up at the gun show here in Raleigh, NC recently but would like to get something a little better for summer carry. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

deuce
01-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome to the forum from central Ohio! DeSantis Holsters has a nice selection for the Kahr. I carry a CW45 in a Tuck This II and have no complaints what-so-ever. I didn't care for the mag. holder on it so I removed it. I also have the insider for my Taurus 740 slim but the holster is flimsy at the top and nearly impossible to re-holster the gun. I believe the Soft Tuck will be my next IWB holster.

Tilos
01-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Welcome Bigtony

Just ordered a couple of Remora clipless and will get back to you after "the test".
Tilos

hoot
01-30-2011, 10:37 AM
I saw the Galco King Tuk at the Shot Show and it looks like it will be a good tuckable IWB for my PM9. I ordered one and it should be here next week. I will let you know what I think.

earle8888
01-30-2011, 11:40 AM
Null makes a first class one

skysensor
01-30-2011, 11:58 AM
I saw the Galco King Tuk at the Shot Show and it looks like it will be a good tuckable IWB for my PM9. I ordered one and it should be here next week. I will let you know what I think.

I just ordered this one on-line for my CW9 (also purchased just yesterday). I haven't carried before, but based upon my research, I knew I wanted an IWB something like the Crossbreed Super Tuck, Minotaur MTAC, Kholster, etc. Just found the Galco King Tuk this morning, and it looks like a winner to me, and cheaper on-line than even the Kholster minus the discount.

xaircav
01-30-2011, 12:56 PM
I carry my P9 in the DeSantis IWB sold on the Kahr website. It is very comfortable, the tail piece stabilizes it and the Kahr logo is a nice touch.
Even though it fits the P9 perfectly you'll only find it in the PM9 holster section.

brittonp
03-04-2011, 12:09 PM
Welcome from another Raleigh man carryin a Kahr! I've got the Desantis Cozy Partner and an N8 Tactical that I bought at the last gun show. Both of them are fairly comfortable. I've carried the Desantis for a couple of years now. The N8 takes up some surface area and tends to get warm, but the suede is nice. Niether one has stopped my search for THE carry holster though. I've got an order in for a belt and vmII from milt sparks, at the price, it better be heaven in my pants. I'll post back after it arrives.

adventures47129
03-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Your pistol was not cheap... don't use a cheap holster. There are a few tuckable IWB Holsters out there. Check them out and talk to users of them. I carry my CW9 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck and love it. Winter or summer it works great!!! Very comfortable but took a bit of getting used to and adjusted right for me. Good luck with your search.

olympicmotorcars
03-05-2011, 08:54 PM
I recommend High Noon Split Decision. I have one for my PM 40 and my Glock 27.

onegun
03-05-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm sorta a holster nut - always looking for something better - so this will be a sorta long post. I have several Crossbreed holsters and find them quite comfortable, but really prefer leather. The only stock leather holster I have found that met my requirements was an OWB. The Galco Concealable (or equivalent slide). I prefer IWB and have had lots of custom holsters from many makers. The two I like the best are the Milt Sparks VMII (shown here with a SIG P229)
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/IkenI_photo/IMG_0627.jpg
and the Select Grade IWB by Concealco. Here is mine for the P220 SIG without the gun
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t201/IkenI_photo/013.jpg
Both are very comfortable and conceal a handgun extremely well. The VMII is more expensive and takes forever to get. I've had one on order for my K9 since Thanksgiving and probably won't see it for another five months. From past experience I know the wait will be worth it. The Concealco is better priced and only takes about a month to get. I'm expecting one any day for the same K9. Again, both are excellent holsters. One thing, some custom makers overbuild their holsters to the point that they are too big or thick for a fine thin handgun like the Kahr. When I get a new handgun I usually buy something that you can get over the counter (or net) to use until I get my good holster. Then, I pass that one along. My P380 was simple - get a pocket holster and I find the Nemesis made specifically for the P380 works very well.

If you are open to suggestions other than IWB I would highly recommend a new holster that I have had for a couple of months now. It works well for deep CCW, is extremely comfortable with either my K9, my S&W 640-1 (both heavy) and my S&W 340M&P (very light). A bonus is it's very inexpensive. It's quicker to access the handgun than a pocket holster (as long as you are not wearing a tie), I tried it on a whim and found it to be one of my favorites. I don't wear it next to my skin but put it over a t-shirt or A-shirt. It's so inexpensive and works so well everyone should have one. Here is a link to their web site. Watch the whole intro tho' because at first it looks a little like a jock strap.
http://www.kangaroocarry.com/
I have the standard size and it's perfect for the K9/P9/CW9 sized guns. I'm not sure the P380 would work well in the tiny one as I think it might just get lost.

Pender1
03-05-2011, 10:34 PM
CrossBreed. I have one for every pistol I own

Captain Skippy
03-12-2011, 09:00 PM
After much searching I ordered a Crossbreed mini tuck for my CW9. I was a cop for 25 years and have always hated IWB holsters but got this one for greater concealability. After several days of wearing it I made one adjustment and I like it. But it is a pain to get on and the tucked shirt looks funny. But untucked in a tshirt it's great. If you get a Crossbreed from the maker it's up to a 6 week wait. Kahrshop got it to me in a week.

Cookster
03-12-2011, 09:21 PM
I am guessing that the OP has bought a holster by now, but I am big fan of Comp-Tac's MTAC IWB holster. My Glock 19 is all-day comfy in this baby.

Rob

deuce
03-13-2011, 04:45 AM
Don Hume makes a few good IWB holsters and you can save a few bucks by purchasing them from Gunners Alley.http://www.gunnersalley.com/

rnpollard
03-13-2011, 06:18 PM
You'll love it or I'll take it back and refund your money - $3.00 for shipping.

The P9 Covert is a great gun and will work beautifully in this type of holster.

Dietrich
03-13-2011, 06:44 PM
CrossBreed. I have one for every pistol I own
+1 to what Pender wrote.Same here.