PDA

View Full Version : Update after repair

Kahrfire
11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Got out to the range this morning finally after getting PM9 back from Kahr. Recall had been having FTF's. Over time have had the recoil assembly, mag catch, mag catch spring, and now slide replaced, and feed ramp polished.
100 rounds WWB and 50 Speer GD 124gr.

One time pre-released the mag (it seems it sticks out more than it did), and near the end (about round 125) had a WWB FTE. Didn't stovepipe, the spent case was really just sitting in the chamber. Otherwise no issues.

Not sure if I can trust it quite yet, but it's a good start.

Dietrich
11-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Good luck my friend.We`re all pulling for you.

Kahrfire
11-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Second range trip today. Unfortunately only the indoor range, so aggressive drills were out. I did try to make the thing jam, purposely limp wristing, and even weak hand purposely limp wristing (to the point where one guy watching said "boy, I didn't know those little guns kicked so much" LOL).
No problems in 100 rounds WWB and 20 Speer GD's.
That makes 275 rounds with one FTE.

Still not sure I can carry it yet (I can't get rid of that feeling of anxiety when pulling the trigger: bang or click?) but it's encouraging.

For what it's worth, I then shot 5 cylinders of 38sp 158 standard pressure out of my j-frame. My enthusiasm for the pain was a lot lower after 120 flawless (and comfortable) rounds through the PM9.

jocko
11-18-2009, 05:41 AM
sure looks good to go IMO. at least the FTE "fired" and was not a FTF. One in 275 rounds is not indicative of the gun itself but also a new barrel might just have needed rounds to get itself right to.I would trust it in a heart beat. One has to realize that the next pull of the trigger ON ANY GUN could produce "click". We can't forsee the future or ever know what every gun and round is going to do Guns give issues but so does ammo. Just the nature of the beast...

Load that little PM9 up and just shoot it like u stole it..

Bulldog Custom Gun Leathe
11-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Thats one of the great things about Kahr customer service. If it's not right, they will make it right.

Randy

mike m
11-18-2009, 01:32 PM
just got it yesterday put 100 rounds thru it 2 missfeeds very acurate

500KV
11-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Whad'ga get there mike? :confused:

Bulldog Custom Gun Leathe
11-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Mike,
Once I put 200 rounds through my PM45, it has been flawless. Before that, I had a couple of FTF's.
Keep on keeping on!

Randy

kpm9
11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Keep at it. I have 1344 rounds of all types of ammo without a malfunction.
It's "my little buddy" and I think I can trust it now. :)

jocko
11-19-2009, 05:55 AM

just getting broken in, give it some more rounds down range and it will totally smooth out. Keep it clean, keep it lubed and keep it pointed down range. the gun and the shooter also have to mate up to just like the slide and lower section need to mate up.

keep shootin..