PDA

View Full Version : South Koreans kick pirates butts

wyntrout
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Great! Another government does something besides wring its hands over pirates attacking their shipping and taking their citizens hostage:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110121/ap_on_bi_ge/piracy

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Wynn:D

jocko
01-21-2011, 10:42 AM
and it looked like no S. Koreans died either. Big coo. To me that is the only way this stuff wills top, neve rlet pirates take a ship and then get ransom for it. Walk allof them to the stern of the ship and play taps for them as they are getting double taps from the hostage crew..

wyntrout
01-21-2011, 10:45 AM
No taps... they don't deserve that... there must be something more fitting for scum getting their just rewards. One bullet to the stomach and give them a chance to swim home.

Wynn :D

jocko
01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
now wyn, that is a good one, makes alot of sense, they will leave a blood/watertrail and the Great Whites will have a feast, so we are really feeding our animals to. Great ..

wyntrout
01-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey! The salt water might smart a bit, too, but the sharks need to eat. I heard they're on the decline because of shark fin soup, and the pirates have been increasing, I believe.

Who knows, maybe one of them will make it home and warn the rest.

recoilguy
01-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Pirates are scum and scum got what they deserved....Nice going South Korea!!!

RCG

garyb
01-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Go Seal Team...even if they were SK's.

jeepster09
01-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey! The salt water might smart a bit, too, but the sharks need to eat. I heard they're on the decline because of shark fin soup, and the pirates have been increasing, I believe.

Who knows, maybe one of them will make it home and warn the rest.

Great idea....feed the poor sharks, they need to eat too.:bump2:

100percent
01-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I spent some time in Korea about 1971-73. The south Korean army had basic training in tents in the winter. I can only imagine what the ROK seals must go through.

ltxi
01-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Seriously stupid commentator on NPR during an interview this afternoon...."I didn't even know South Korea had a navy. Why would they need one?"

And before ya'll start...yes, I do listen to NPR during the commute, without apology.

Bawanna
01-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Seriously stupid commentator on NPR during an interview this afternoon...."I didn't even know South Korea had a navy. Why would they need one?"

And before ya'll start...yes, I do listen to NPR during the commute, without apology.

Hold your head up there Ixti! Never apologize for your actions if they are morally and ethically correct.

Psss, somebody tell me what NPR stands for. That seriously stupid commentators got nothing on me by golly.:yo:

jimbar
01-21-2011, 08:48 PM
[QUOTE=ltxi;50001]Seriously stupid commentator on NPR during an interview this afternoon...."I didn't even know South Korea had a navy. Why would they need one?"

And that,...is all you need to know about NPR. I can't believe our tax dollars are keeping these fools on the air! http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

johnh
01-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Nice work for those brave young men in service of our good friends in Korea. I was kind of expecting this when the pirates started picking on Korean shipping. South Korean special ops guys are top notch. The pirates were definitely playing with the tiger's tail. :D Hope that sends them a message. Now Uncle Sam needs to do the same when they grab our folks!

John

wyntrout
01-23-2011, 10:03 AM
You know, this is a good instance where an ounce of prevention is better than a cure... hiring TRAINED "guards" to prevent piracy... a lot cheaper than millions for ransom and time/money lost, not to mention the hardships for the crew and their families.
Those pirates in small boats wouldn't have a chance against trained riflemen from a stable platform and advantageous height.
There needs to be a better policy for handling any prisoners, IF there are survivors. Don't the captains of ships have the power to handle piracy at sea? Caught in the act, they should be sentenced and ex... er, punished immediately!

ltxi
01-23-2011, 05:07 PM
...............And that,...is all you need to know about NPR. I can't believe our tax dollars are keeping these fools on the air! http://kahrtalk.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Not to be confused with PBS funding, I don't think NPR has had any tax dollar support for quite awhile. Certainly their member stations like Colorado Public Radio, of which I'm a member, don't. Don't know what I'd do if they ever went off the air. As I'm sure many folk here know, I'm a hard left wing, bleeding heart liberal. :)

johnh
01-24-2011, 07:47 AM
"About 1.5% of NPR's revenues come from Corporation for Public Broadcasting grants"--Wikipedia, but not sure how accurate that is given the source.

Back on topic, has anyone found the 4 minuted video of the operation against the pirates? I did some searching but had not luck finding it. Did see some neat pictures of Daewoo rifles in action. Looked like perhaps some Korean Marines practicing with them from one of the supporting ships, but could have been some suppression to cover the boarding. That boat looked pretty riddled by the time it was over. :D

jocko
01-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Nice work for those brave young men in service of our good friends in Korea. I was kind of expecting this when the pirates started picking on Korean shipping. South Korean special ops guys are top notch. The pirates were definitely playing with the tiger's tail. :D Hope that sends them a message. Now Uncle Sam needs to do the same when they grab our folks!

John

but that just ain't gonna happen with this administration. Hell we can't even get these a-hole sin Git-mo tried and look when we did, they find that one idiot guilit of ONE COUNT out of a couple hundred. Were going down the wrong path John and have been for years. What ever happened to the "eye for an eye" thing???
We can't even cover our firggin borders

wyntrout
01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Our SEALs did rescue that one ship a year or so ago. Remember the SEAL snipers shooting the three pirates holding the ship's captain??

Wynn:)

O'Dell
01-24-2011, 10:47 AM
You know, this is a good instance where an ounce of prevention is better than a cure... hiring TRAINED "guards" to prevent piracy... a lot cheaper than millions for ransom and time/money lost, not to mention the hardships for the crew and their families.
Those pirates in small boats wouldn't have a chance against trained riflemen from a stable platform and advantageous height.
There needs to be a better policy for handling any prisoners, IF there are survivors. Don't the captains of ships have the power to handle piracy at sea? Caught in the act, they should be sentenced and ex... er, punished immediately!

I never spent much time on maritime law in school, but I'm sure there are some legal and possibly insurance problems involved with this. There are definitely different laws and regulations involved with 'Armed' and Unarmed' ships.