PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Miami. Just bought my 1st Kahr!!!!

DBP9
01-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Well I made the jump, and picked up my first Kahr! A brand new, Black P9 w/Standard Sights (will be installing Tritium XS Big Dots) at Lou's Police Supply in Hialeah today. I got a great deal, and am really looking forward to heading to the range this weekend! I know that the typical break in period for Kahr's is 200-300 rounds. I've already broken it down, and given it a good cleaning and lube. Is there anything else I should do in preparation for my trip to the range, or anything I should look out for, or make sure I do while in the intitial break in period? Thanks in advance for any pointers!

jocko
01-28-2011, 07:59 AM
you might want to go to the kahr tech section and hit on the kahr lube chart and also the propper prepping of your new kahr, both will make that first outting even more enjoyab.e Nice gu .

I love the xs sights on my pM9 and my P380. Shoot fmj ammo for break in don't mess with the defense stuff until the gun is running right. This is IMO the best of the best in the kahr polymers..

DBP9
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the pointer to Tech section! Great information! Can not wait to get out and shoot it.

Old Salt
01-28-2011, 10:47 AM
DBP9, Welcome to Kahr Talk I'm also new getting my first Kahr CW40 just the other day. Great bunch of guys that are more than willing to help with any question you might have. If they can help me then they can help anyone. But be careful with your new pistol, I think, but I’m not curtain that if your gun is anything like mine it might be infected with a virus. I’m told it’s called Kahr-itis, you’ll know your getting infected when as soon as or even before your first Kahr is broken in your already thinking of your next one. I know I have it bad, just got my CW40 and I’m already thinking of a CW45. Woo is me. Woo is me. Again welcome and good luck with your new Kahr and stay safe.

deadhead1971
01-28-2011, 11:33 AM
thought about a holster? This PM9 can be pocket carried in a pocket stuffer holster. Some perfer the inside the waist holsters.

MW surveyor
01-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Was in Miami over the Thanksgiving holidays visiting my Mom and sister. Wanted to go by Lou's but never got the chance.

Welcome to the forum and you'll like the new Kahr:D

NoJustHappyToSeeYou
01-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Welcome!

DBP9
01-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks everybody! Have a good weekend! I'll let you know how the break in session goes on Monday

deuce
01-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Welcome to the forum from central Ohio.

TheTman
01-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the forum DPB9. You got to watch out for that Kahr-itis. Once you get the feel for one, it seems you need to have another one. I'm hoping that the CM9 comes out quickly and they soon follow up with a CM40 and 45. Or I may just go ahead and get the CW45 I've been lusting after. Probably wait and see what happens with the CM series, and give my gun fund a little more time to recuperate.

DBP9
01-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Well I just got back from putting my 1st 300 rounds down range with 0 failures! It took me a couple mags to find my groove, get used to the sights, and adjust to the recoil difference (used to G19). My 1st impression, and I am confident it will stay the same is that is a GREAT weapon! Now that I've broken it in, I'm just going to clean/lube it, load up w/Critical Defense, and then as soon as my new holster (Comp Tac MTAC w/extra body to accomodate my G19 too) arrives this will be making it's way in to my regular carry rotation. I think my Glock may even get a little jealous for a while. Now I just need to see if I can find a thumb loader, so that my thumb won't feel like I put it though a meat grinder.

jocko
01-29-2011, 03:51 PM
uplula.com the finest loaded in the world, will work on ur glock to. even works on my P380 if needed. Once you get those kahr mag alittle borken in also u can load it fully and have no issues. That really should be no problem.

300 rounds in one outting is awesome. No failures doesn't surprise me but also in that amount of round one will tend to get tired and not know it kand that is when things happen that becomes the guns fault when indeed it could be just one tired ass shooter.

welcome aboard and just shoot it like you stole it.

jocko
01-29-2011, 03:53 PM
OLD SALT; I tried to reply back to you in your PM to me but it says you are not accepting PM 's. I got your message but would have rather replied back as a PM, just wanted you to know.

U realy ought to open up your account to accept messages from this forum.

Bawanna
01-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Old Salt has been accepting messages from me. I think he's just blocking you cause he figures your a bad influence. I think your the one his mother warned him about.

jocko
01-29-2011, 04:41 PM
I tried but to no avail, u might be right. Must be my spelling???u think..

Old Salt
01-29-2011, 05:25 PM
I tried but to no avail, u might be right. Must be my spelling???u think..

Sorry, but I just looked and I have every block checked that I can check. I hope this is not another example of trying to teach an old dog. Ha,Ha,Ha. :confused:

Old Salt
01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I got it. Just call me Neanderthal Man when it comes to computers!:confused: :confused: :confused: