PDA

View Full Version : P380 Trigger Bar Spring

fccsluke
01-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey guys(and gals),

Last night while dry firing my P380 it started making a clicking noise while pulling the trigger. This morning I was able to isolate the problem and it appears that my trigger bar spring is riding forward with the trigger bar ever so slightly and then releasing. The noise goes away when you apply pressure to the top of the side plate and also when pulling the trigger with the slide locked back. I've tried greasing the trigger bar and also oiling the spring connection with the bar but neither have worked. I'm pretty sure this isn't a "working as designed" issue because it never did it before and my friends PM9 does not do it.

Does anyone else have this same problem or a solution? I was thinking of first trying to tighten the side plate screws or maybe a quick polish of the trigger bar but I'm leary of messing with those little screws. I'm not certain if the juice is worth the squeeze because the gun appears to be functional (albeit noisy) and i've read that it doesn't take much to strip the threads in the frame by messing with those screws.

You guys are really good at figuring out what's going on with these little buggers so I'm hoping you have at least one more in ya.

Suggestions?

jocko
01-29-2011, 10:37 AM
those little screws on the side plate will come out easily and u should do no harm if you want to polish the trigger bar. What I think I would do is to put a dab of grease where that trigger bar travels on that little spring. It will soon take care of itself. Tightening of the side plate screws should not help what you have found and also remember you can't tighten those side plate screws. At best u can snug them as those two screws tap into polymer only and any over snugging will just strip the screw out and then you are screwed, so IMO just leave that side plate alone and work from the top of the grip and just put some grease right in that area and my bet atter a couple hundred rounds that will all smooth out.

PM sent