PDA

View Full Version : Our good friend Bob Holmes retiring from Kahr...

johnh
02-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Forum members,

I know many of you have had the opportunity to speak with Bob Holmes over the years, when contacting Kahr for customer service, and at various events he attended. Bob called me recently with the news that he has decided to retire. It is of course good and bad news. Very good for him, as I must always congratulate a friend who gets to that wonderful point in life when they can sit back and enjoy the finer things in life on their own schedule. I am a little over ten years out from that myself, so quite jealous! :D Congratulations Bob!

Bad for us forum members who enjoyed having Bob with Kahr, and also lurking around the forum. He assures me a fantastic person will be following his footsteps, who will also keep an eye on goings on here at KahrTalk. I made sure he would also keep in touch.

So for those of you that know Bob, please wish him well. His help was instrumental in my getting KahrTalk going, and getting to know him has been one of the best aspects of running this forum!

John

Dietrich
02-03-2011, 07:23 PM
I don`t know Bob but if he was instrumental in getting KahrTalk going I`ll tip my hat and say Well Done.Thanks,Bob.

Bawanna
02-03-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm sorry that I don't know Bob personally, but at the same time feel we're pals since John has mentioned Bob countless times in our correspondence.
I wish Bob all good things in his retirement. I kind of look forward to it myself, I use to tell myself I would never retire but the closer I get the more anzious I become. The only downfall is retirement seems to involve old and I really don't want to go there anymore than I already am.
I hope Bob continues to frequent our little forum and maybe even give us a little guidance. Maybe he already is and we don't even know it??????

Good luck Bob.

wyntrout
02-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Bob, I would like to congratulate you on your retirement and wish you success and happiness, and may you find some enjoyable pastimes or enterprises to keep you occupied... as much as you want. :)
I really appreciate your help at Kahr Customer Service, and especially the personal help with my pistols. They're all running fine now, even "Franken-Boomer".
The best of luck to you!

Wynn

jlottmc
02-03-2011, 08:36 PM
What they said. I wish you well.

jocko
02-04-2011, 05:13 AM
Bob and I have talkedmany times, besides kahrs we have alot in common, He is one hellof a motorcycle rider. His son rides a HD road king and bob is one of those 3 cylinder crotch rocket triump riders. He does ride um like he stole it. I am gonna miss him alot. He was a good source of information and help to me and this forum.

Who knows maybe someday I wills ee this trium whiz by me and he willgive me the finger and I will know its ol bob saying hi...

desmo21
02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
Good luck Bob. Enjoy the ride!!!!!

MikeyKahr
02-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Bob, I've never had the pleasure to meet or interact with you, but just want to say thanks for what you've done for us at KahrTalk. May you enjoy your newfound freetime to the fullest.

02-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Hey, I spoke with him once. I think he is the guy who runs the customer service department. Seemed like an OK guy. Best of luck to you!

As an aside, my wife told me the other day that 10,000 baby boomers are retiring each and every day across the US. Yikes! I hope there is some SS money left for me when it is my turn! :eek:

100percent
02-06-2011, 08:36 AM
You have to live that long, not all us are going to make it that far.:)
...As an aside, my wife told me the other day that 10,000 baby boomers are retiring each and every day across the US. Yikes! I hope there is some SS money left for me when it is my turn! :eek:

WMD
02-08-2011, 06:33 PM
You have to live that long, not all us are going to make it that far.:)

Ha! That was funny! Good point as well! :D