PDA

View Full Version : Kahrtalk redirect

MrToad
02-04-2011, 06:23 AM
I've occasionally seen this on other forums, but I've been seeing it on Kahrtalk for a bit. The first time I go to Kahrtalk I get redirected here:

file2store.info/download.php?id=EC24D6B3

I've reproduced this from various systems and locations. Anyone else seeing this?

MW surveyor
02-04-2011, 06:44 AM
I saw it the other day from a different computer when trying to log in to Kahr Talk. P'd me off as I could not get around it.

MrToad
02-04-2011, 07:38 AM
Oops, I just realized I started this thread in the wrong forum. Mods/Admins, please feel free to move this to Technical Support.

LOL, I tried to do that myself, but remembered I'm a member here, not an admin as I am on a couple other vBulletin-run tech sites. Old habits die hard. :D

johnh
02-07-2011, 06:53 AM
I am not seeing it from several PCs/browsers.. Anyone else?

Wingedsig
02-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Yup, still seeing it. If you just google Karhtalk but click on this selection ( www.kahrtalk.com/forum.php (http://www.kahrtalk.com/forum.php) ) instead of Kahrtalk.com, it will misdirect you.

mr surveyor
02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
I picked up a virus last fall that caused a redirect to a bogus news site. Made the mistake of following a news link posted on another gun forum and the virus piggybacked inito my laptop from that. It was a new one that AVG hadn't had the time to add a patch for, and I was one of the unluckies to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. It kept replicating itself in my system until I nearly lost everything. Had to have the laptop rebuilt...couldn't replace it with a new one due to the need for the hardware installed. I no longer follow links posted on threads until they have been up for a day or two in order to give the AV folks time to cover the bugs as they develop.

IF you got what I had, run every AV software you can, every search and destroy trojan getter, etc....then maybe do a system restore to a point in time that will preceed the date you may have been affected. After all that, take it to a pro and let them fix it.... what I ended up doing:(

I hope you ain't got IT.... good luck

surv