PDA

View Full Version : new mag=feeding problem

MaxStravinsky
02-05-2011, 06:22 AM
I have a pm9 with close to 1000 rounds through it, have not had a single issue with it using either of the original mags that came with it. Last week I bought an extra factory 6 round mag for a class I'm taking.

Yesterday I put a 100 rounds through the new mag - not only does it not drop free when the mag release is pushed (as others have reported) but it fails to feed the new round properly about 10% of the time. I have to manually complete the action. Then it shoots fine.

I'm planning to call Kahr on Monday - anyone else have this problem, or maybe a suggestion? Thanks in advance.

Update-I put the new spring in the old mag, and the old spring in the new mag.Went to the range and shot 25 rnds though each with no issues. Hope this solves the problem.

jocko
02-05-2011, 06:27 AM
probably best to call kahr and send it back. Make sure the magazne spirng is in properly to. Been others who have found it was in backwards and that will produce feed issues.

Kahrcw9
02-05-2011, 07:20 AM
My new 7 round 9mm magazine is kinda doing the same thing.. The one that came with the CW9 is stamped Kahr 9-7 the new one is just stamped Kahr.. I have polished it and it still doesn't drop free, but it also seems to have a problem loading the first round every so often. The round nose dives and the slide won't completely slide into battery. The feed lip of the magazine seems to be wider at the top than the original magazine.

jocko
02-05-2011, 07:33 AM
kahrcw9: is this first round issue also even using the slide lock release to load??? Or is this by hand racking?

MaxStravinsky
02-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Kahrcw9 - it's kind of the opposite for me. My original mag, which works fine is stamped mk kahr. The new problematic mag is stamped 9-6 kahr.

MaxStravinsky
02-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Just took both mags apart - the springs are situated the same in both mags - same number of loops, both ends the same. But... the new spring is about one-half inch longer. Is this just because it's new?
Thanks.

jocko
02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
probably, just count the loops, they should be the same total.. switch springs to retest even that will give u alittle insight to.

My PM9 mags are stamed MK. I really don't think there is one difference in the MK and PM magazines even though we are now seeing different letterings on the outside of the magazines.

deadhead1971
02-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I remember someone turning the springs upside down and re-installing, and that fixed a feed issue...read that on here months back

wyntrout
02-05-2011, 10:08 AM
The new labels should make it easier to figure them out. The old designations were no help at all in determining caliber or capacity. At least the G suffix let you know that it had the extended grip.
K for Kahr, caliber#, -capacity, and G for extended grip give you real information. At least, I hope that's the way they're going.

Wynn:)

Jeff00042
02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
I know it's important not to put magazine springs in backwards but is there a difference in the ends of the springs? Can you put the spring in upside down?

Jeff00042
02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
AZ: Thanks for your reply. I didn't notice a difference in the ends of the spring.